Cystoscopy

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi. im up for a cystoscopy next week and was informed in appointment letter not to stop taking medications as its performed under local anaestethic. however im taking clopidogrel75 and emcor5 so wondering if i might bleed too much. i dont have to fast as well which is good. any info appreciated . cheers Kevin.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I had a cystoscopy exam on August 20, 2019, for a bladder/prostate exam. The exam was performed under local anesthesia and I did NOT have to stop taking my medications, which also include clopidogrel, aspirin, etc. The exam is noninvasive and if the doctor is a good one like mine the procedure should go well. In my case thanks to GOD ALMIGHTY my cystoscopy exam was Normal other than my prostate being a little larger which is not unusual for my age. Hope your exam was normal too. Best wishes ........

• Posted

thanks hector. very encouraging message. i thought bleeding might occur when cystoscope is inserted into urethra. cheers Kevin.

• Posted

Tom I assume you are a male..........if you check out video's on youtube you will note that you want doctor to use a flex scope with a rubberized end not a rigid scope and preferably in a prone position....sure you will do fine

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.