Cystoscopy and dilation PLEASE Help!!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello I remember from the age of 5 suffering from uti and Iam 35 now and still get them really bad I was eventually referred to urology who said I needed a cystoscopy with dilatation to widen my tubes so no urine left in tubs to cause infection. And to try and stop my infection So I had it done on 19th February and all went OK I was in pain. 8 days later I made love to my partner and have now got another uti was it because it was too soon Iam devastated can anyone help it would be appreciated

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Jodie, I think if you are still having pain, there is a reason, you may not be fully healed yet. 8 days isn't a lot really. I had a cystoscopy and it was hellfire to pee for 4 days, and I never had dilation....this is a more invasive procedure, so I think its probably can be a few weeks total, for your pain to be gone, ask your Dr about the time for pain to go away & total healing. You will have to see them again now anyway if its another uti. I hope you are drinking enough fluid, peeing consistently/frequently can prevent utis. However, has your Dr ever told you to pee after sex....it can prevent recurrent utis and be sure to clean up well, front to back(douching isn't needed)...all of that can help but, like I said, you need to see your Dr again!!! Be patient, give yourself time to heal, if you have pain ask your Dr if its normal...Hope this is all behind you soon....Best Wishes💒🌈🍀♾🎶❤☮

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.