Cystoscopy & CT scan

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I have suffered with recurrent UTI infections for over 8 years. I have been on IV antibiotics multiple times and on a prophylactic dose of antibiotics for 2 years. I was under the care of a urologist for a short while who gave me multiple different antibiotics and eventually discharged me. I have recently been referred to a urologist again, after a recent hospital admission where I was on IV antibiotics for 7 days due to an infection. I had a flexible cystoscopy yesterday and there was visible red patches on my bladder that i could see on the screen. My consultant made no comment whilst carrying out the cystoscopy. I got a call today to arrange for a CT scan and the appointment is on Wednesday, which will be only be 9 days since my cystoscopy. My consultant had said he will discuss the results after the CT scan. Iā€™m feeling a little concerned and was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?

Thank you šŸ˜ƒ

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Sorry you are struggling.

I am not medically qualified so all I can do is to tell you my own story.

In 2017 I started having numerous UTI infections.

Eventually when I went to the GP surgery yet again, there was a different GP on call there.

She immediately said "I think you might have kidney stones."

Thus began a whole year of being referred to 5 or 6 different urologists!

Eventually one urologist (bless him) agreed to remove kidney stones by keyhole surgery.

One of the urologists wanted me to have flexible cystoscopy but the doctor who attempted to perform it got so far and then said he could not complete the procedure due to urethral stenosis . You can look that up on the internet.Even when the consultant had done the operation, he was not sure that he had managed to remove all the stones successfully. Fortunately he had removed them all.

Not sure where you live I live in Wales and my operation was done at Southmead in Bristol.

Hope you get some sense out of scan result so you know what is going on.

Take care and keep in touch.

Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

Thank you so much for your reply. I'm so sorry that you too struggled for some time. I find the uti's incredibly painful so sympathise with anyone who has the joy of experiencing them frequently. I had an ultra sound to look for kidney stones, there was none present at the time just some heavy scarring on my kidney as a result of some pretty nasty infections.

Have you found since the removal of the stones you've had no further uti's?

Take care,

Rebecca

• Posted

The infection seems to be serious but not as serious as how many antibiotics you have been taking. I am surprised that the antibiotics havent worked yet. But its bad to keep taking antibiotics constantly, its not good and causes heart and digestion problems if done so. I wouldnt recommend it. There are other things you can try to get rid of infection, infection is dealt with by white blood cells, once you discover how to enrage the White Blood Cells, you will have more success against the infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.