cystoscopy post op - light blood in urine

Posted , 7 users are following.

I was hoping someone could help. Yesterday I had a cystoscopy at the hospital. When I was released they told me to expect light pink blood in the urine for 3 to 5 days. Today I am noticing considerdable more blood and its dark pink to light red. Which is concerning me since they said only light pink is to be expected. I called my doctor today and he never returned my call and then I called the doctor on duty number for concerns and they also have not answered me. I really don't want to go to the emergency room but nervous to leave this go all weekend. Any advice or do you think it would be ok to leave go?

Thanks for your time

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello dear. I had light blood for one day. However they said it can go on for a couple of days. If it continues try your doctor again.
  • Posted

Hi, I have had multiple cystoscopies done and I can say on each occasion it has left me with slight soreness and pinky coloured smudges. The very best thing that you can do is drink plenty of water this helps to flush out the bloody discharge. However, they should have briefed you on the following. If you see clots, bright red blood then seek help. They should have also said should you get a temperature or flu like symptoms then again seek help. If you experience pain in the pelvis, flank or lower back pain then seek help. In England we have out of hour's 111 they're there when a Dr isn't and / or you're not sure what to do. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

• Posted

Everyone gave you good advice. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, and most important if you develop chills and or a fever you must get to a hospital, cause you probably got an infection. The blood issue will resolve with plenty of fluids. Best of luck.
  • Posted

Thank you all for the advice. Have not been drinking at cups of water so that is probably what it is. I will start now. I have been at about 5 cups a day.

I had not been having chills but noticed that today. No fever with it but do have some periods of the chills. Will just keep watching and hoping things improve by Monday. Thank you again

• Posted

Most welcome. Wishing you all the best. I hate drinking water so I have Ribena juice that I dilute to taste. Even flavoured water is not my favourite. But you might not be as fussy as me. Anyway, all the best.
  • Posted

Watch carefully. I have had many cystoscopies with no or little blood afterward. However after one after a couple of days I had urine that virtually looked  like blood. I had a UTI. An antibiotic cured it in half a day. I always get an antibiotic pill now after a cystoscopy so it will not happen again. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.