Cystotoscopy size

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. My urologist wants to do a flexible cystoscopy procedure on me but I am a bit apprehensive. I've read that it is as thick as a pencil but when I spread my meatus and put a pencil up to it the opening is only half the diameter. Will this be impossible to do?

If I have it done I'm worried about the pain or tearing open the meatus. My penis is very thin so I'm worried that the scope is for only average to above average urethras.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dont worry they squeeze some lubricant down there Mine had nearly grown together but they sorted it out with minimal pain They trying to help you so they will not hurt you
    • Posted

So your opening to your urethra was nearly shut or just inside?
    • Posted

The opening was closing up and it would have been the same all the way so don't worry you will be OK l have had 4 done this year
  • Posted

l had a flexible cystoscopy about l0days ago, and also felt aprahensive, about how difficult it might be going up urethera, and embarresment part, but it was easy, biggest shock was the freezing lubricant, but it only took him about a minute to insert it, and that was after a couple of tries, also being told my urethra was very narrow, he suggested a dilation later due to it, as l saw on monitor, the insertion took about 1minute, the scope which was painless took about 3-4 minutes, we chatted and had a laugh, so no problems at all.
  • Posted

After my 4 Turbts and removal of Tumors I go into hospital again today and have to have my ureter cut away and retransplanted on the other side of my bladder " Ureteral reimplantation surgery" Now if I had not gone ahead with My TURBT they would never have found out that I had cancer ! So do not worry its a win win situation and it is mostly painless .The worste time is the evgening after and I would advise you to take a Large Tampon with you for the journey Home in case of a emergency .I go today for my Operation and like you I am a bit worried but its for the best
    • Posted

Glad your scope found out cause of problems and they have surgery that can deal with it.   Its my urethra thats thought very narrow, but lve 2 ureters on one side, cojoined but not causing probs.  l hope all goes well for you today and you recover soon.  best wishes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.