Cysts

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, I had a hysterectomy nearly 4 years ago as I had suffered for 18 years with ovarian cysts, Endometreosis and irregular periods, I had numerous operations but a hysterectomy was the final straw. I have been getting the same pains I suffered with previously and wondered if cysts could return or even the endometriosis. I want to go and see my doctor but didn't want to waste their time if it was not cysts. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Were your ovaries removed? This is an Oophorectomy and is not part of a hysterectomy. If you still have them then yes, the cysts can recur.
    • Posted

Yes I have had my ovaries removed along with everything else due to the severity of the endometriosis and the amount of cysts. But I had cysts and endometriosis in my bowel too so I was just panicking that the cysts could return. So not sure what these pains could be.
    • Posted

Google ovarian remnant syndrome and see if the symptoms fit. Very occasionally part of an ovary is left.

Ask your GP if they can refer you for a scan of your bowel to reassure you.

• Posted

Hi, thank you for this I have google it but I had the large incision when I had my hysterectomy but I am going to go and see my doctor just in case as I do get some of the symptoms for ORS. I really appreciate you helping me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.