Cysts

Posted , 6 users are following.

I was diagnosed with IBS a sometime ago buthavenotbeen convinced that this is what I have. After some research I went back to GP who actually listened and is sending me for an ultrasound scan.  I have a constant pain on right side, no lump but is very sore. When bad do get sharp pains but otherwise constant burning with pain in my groin and down leg and round back.  Anyone recognise these symptoms?  I know it will be a few weeks before get to have scan and just wondered if I should be concerned that pain is constant plus very tired?  I am struggling with full time work and getting fed up. 

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yep exactly the same symptoms as mine you very likely have a cyst. Just be aware though that external ultrasound does not always pick them up as the ovaries can be hidden from view. Trans vaginal scan is best, or a CT which is what found mine good too.
  • Posted

Could you get some sick leave for a short while?  Perhaps get your GP to recommend some painkillers just until you get the scan and find out what it is.
  • Posted

Constant pain does not sound like IBS. So your doctor is right to think of doing some further tests. Probably looking for an ovarian cyst and ultrasound is very good at detecting those. No need to panic just yet. How long have you had symptoms, and bloating, diarrhoea or abnormal blood loss?
  • Posted

Yep i to have a nagging sharp pain in righ right side. Went dr in nov he did an internal and said he could feel a lump i had a ca125 test which came back clear. he sent me for an ultrasound  scan which was normal but could not see my right ovary. Inconclusive was the word used. I then saw a gynea she could not feel anything and said it was more than likely i was constipated take laxatives and or linseed. 

I have done that knowing i was not constipated infact the opposite a lot of the time. My pain is where my ovary is goes into my groin hip and back as well as down my leg. some days is worse than others. Need to make another appointment but feel like they think i am making things up. 

• Posted

Have just had results of ultra sound have small cyst on 1 ovary and doc said is with normal range other ovary was covered by bowe so they could see nother l which concerns me a bit that they say everything normal, i was referred because i was having abdominal pain reallly would like reassurance but so hard when they say its fine as my ca125 was low 
  • Posted

I have just rung up to see when I could expect my ultrasound and told it would be up to 8 weeks. I have had to take time off work this week due to the pain. I am going to ring GPS tomorrow morning to see if appt could be speeded up as I do not want to take more time off work. Just feel so fed up as wanted to get sorted sooner rather than later as I have had more than 2 years of this.
    • Posted

Good idea to ring the GP to see if they can expedite the test. Have you had a CA 125 blood test as well? Might be worth asking GP to consider.
    • Posted

Do get some pain relief, there is nothing worse than being in pain. I was given codeine and then moved on to cocodamol, I only needed it for a few days to get it under control. Sounds very like my symptoms, took a while to get a diagnosis and had two cysts removed in December. The tiredness  was awful had to nap after work before I could start on the evening. If you can take a nap, do. I found it helped me get through. Good luck with getting it sorted.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.