Cysts

Posted , 10 users are following.

hi you lovely ladies do any of you suffer with cysts because of menapause. i mean anywhere on the body. ive had 3 now one of which was removed by surgury xx

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

Hi Karen, can I ask where they were and what they looked/ felt like? I've noticed a large moveable lump on collarbone, was thinking lymph node but now wondering if cysts are a feature of meno? yes i'll get it checked in case it's dodgy...

• Posted

hi julie i had 1 removed off my back. had 1 on my boob. got another 1 on right side at the back near rib cage and had 1 in my groin xx

• Posted

thanks for the reply...are they fatty cysts or infected ones?

• Posted

hi julie mine are fatty ones. had 1 infected one which i got removed by drs xx

• Posted

hi karen, yes! I am dealing with one on my groin at the moment. the last one I had ( same place) was over a year ago. they are very painful, I cant wear underwear or pants because of the pain. mine usually burst on they're own after about 3 days but those 3 days are miserable. when I get one I also feel flu like symptoms, achy all over, hot and cold at the same time, and sometimes a low grade fever. once it bursts there is instant relief and all the other symptoms disappear as well. second day off work because I cant sit. 🙄

• Posted

I am thinking there are 2 kinds of cysts that people may be talking about....a fatty cyst or a pus filled cyst. A fatty cyst isnt painful. Can be moved around almost like a squishy marble under the skin. A pus filled cyst is more painful, may be inflamed, can be accompanied by flu like symptoms. i have a fatty cyst on my inner thigh. been there for years. just gets a bit bigger year after year. probably about the size of a large grape. it doesnt hurt me so i dont bother it.

• Posted

hi, do you know if fatty cysts can appear anywhere? mines under collarbone but it's moveable, can pop it up to top of collarbone, feels like a small grape. if i try to hold it between the fingers i dont feel a hard lump...its like it's not there! weird! i only became aware of it when laying in a certain position and happened to scratch the area. dunno how long its been there but i happened to notice it the day after flu jab in the top of same arm. thought it might be enlarged lymph node but its not gone down. i know...should get it checked! bit of a chicken when it comes to docs!

• Posted

hi doe yes im are the fatty cysts darl. they dont hurt and are on top of the skin surface. can move them about. ive had 1 on my bum cheek for years doesnt get any bigger and doesnt hurt. tjis new 1 near my rib cage is the same xx

• Posted

hi , yes, mine are the pus filled and are very painful. my gyno told me that they are very common in the groin area because they originate from an infected hair, which we women can get from shaving or waxing. for the most part they will drain on their own after 2 or 3 days but that 2 or 3 days can feel like a lifetime lol. she told me to take 2 hot baths a day so it will come to a head and rupture on it's own, so when I get one that's how I treat it. there are some that have to be drained by a dr. thank you for pointing out the differences, as I had not thought about that!

• Posted

julie7525, i would guess cyst. but never hurts to get it checked.

• Posted

hin susane, acne pads once or.twice a day are great for helping with that problem. keeps.the bacteria down on skin so that they dont become infected.

• Edited

I've found 3 lumps in my left thigh. They turned out to be fatty lipomas. They are relatively painless and most of the time I don't even notice them. The only time I am reminded of them is right around the time I am due for my period.

• Edited

I, too, have fatty lipomas in my thighs. I typically don't notice them, unless I'm rubbing/scratching my leg in that area.

• Posted

do the lipomas on your thigh feel mobile? i have some on my forearms and those ones move around when i press down, but the ones that i suspect on my thighs feel deeper and hard and immobile.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.