Cysts are back. Advice appreciated.

Posted , 3 users are following.

6 years ago I had a cyst removed from my left overy that was literally stuck to my Urethra and other organs. It took 2 years of fighting with doctors to get it removed. Needless to say I was in a pretty bad way. The surgeon apologised to me after surgery and admitted he didn't know what would of happened to me had he left me any longer. I also have endometriosis and liver like spots on the inside of my stomach wall. 

I recovered well and the past six years have been ok. Until 5 months ago when I was admitted into hospital for severe admoninal pains. I knew what it was and the gynocologyst refused to listen and put me under general sergery. The general sergion agreed with me but informed me that there was nothing she could do and advised I go to see my GP. I was sent on my way with tramadol for the pain 4 days later. Thankfully my GP wasted no time in sending me for an internal scan where I was so thankful when I was told that I was right. I have two cysts on my left side BUT they are small. Then to be told they want to rescan me to make sure they are not tumours. My GP didn't want to take any chances because of my medical history and has got me an appointment with the consultant that I was under previously. I see him Friday morning. 

Now ...the pain is becoming unbearable again and working is making it harder. I have a physical job. I do lots of lifting. Ever time I do I feel it pulling and it causes more pain. And last night I'm pretty sure one of the cysts has started leaking. I can't get in to see my GP and I can't take any tramadol as I won't be able to work feeling high lol. 

Has anyone gone through similar and how did you handle it? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Most of your recurring symptoms probably relate to your endometriosis. The way that this is usually controlled is by supressing ovulation with hormonal treatment. But you say nothing about this. Ultimately you may need a hysterectomy.
  • Posted

Hello Andrew. Thank you for your reply. 

I have have been on the depo injection for 11 years with short breaks in between. I have also discussed the possibility of a hysterectomy with my GP and he said it could cause more complications as I'm only 32. 

• Posted

Hi Zoe

Sounds like you've really been through it! It's very difficult at times to get doctors to listen they don't seem to realise we know our bodies! I've had 6 organs burst in me and yes with burst organs been made to wait to be operated on to get them removed, my bladders burst my womb both ovaries, my peritoneal lining grew something which burst perforating my bowel, I too got an apology after my bladder was removed.

It's good your seeing someone who knows you as that's the best thing you can do, if the pain is becoming too much ask to see the pain team or consultant whilst your going through this. There are lots of different pain meds that may suit you better, I'm on fentanyl patches which are strong so may be too strong for you but you get started on low dose anyway. Even though your only 32 it's what's best for you in the long term, I had a hysterectomy at 33 I'm now 37 and one of my ovaries had to be left as it has ruptured, that developed a large cyst that got ruptured and now I've a nodule/tumour in its place so your right to want to get this fully checked! I feel for you also as your working too!! You know you and it's the ones like you who are determined to get sorted who do! I wish I could say take this itl make your cysts disappear. There is a lady on the net claiming to know how to rid yourself of them for good just google it and you never know it may work for you!

I wish you all the best and hope your voice is heard! Mines been ignored too long now and feel in trouble I can't even get up the stairs without stopping I'm so breathless, my consultant told me yesterday I've symptoms of carcinoid syndrome deep joys! Hope you've also lots of friends and family around you to support you as were all different but we all need a shoulder from time to time

Thinking of you and let us all know how you get on, good luck hun

Gem x

• Posted

Oh and having a hysterectomy worked for me but don't have endo if you do decide to make sure you stress to them to remove all of the endo the dormant too, it's a big op a big choice ask loads of questions and ultimately it's your life and you want a pain free one so looking at all options is worth it your only asking questions after all

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.