Cysts on my liver

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have been nauseated and have no appetite for several weeks. I have lost 10 pounds without trying.  I feel like I have a rock in my stomach.  I had an ultrasound yesterday and said I have 3cysts on my liver.  Would this cause my nausea and stomach discomfort.  I am scheduled for a EGD next month.  Any thoughts would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The liver damage definitely wont aid your digestion. I hope the EGD whatever that is goes OK.
  • Posted

Hello rrobinson75, I have a cyst on my liver and I was told it is related to stagnation in the body. Chinese medicine will best explain this. A congested liver relates to anger as well.

As for you losing 10 pounds and having a lack of appetite, I would consider ruling out other things as I would not think it is directly related to your liver. People do not normally lose weight without trying. Personally, I would request that my doctor order a complete blood count along with other significant blood work to determine if something else is going on that may contributing. Blood tells a lot. All the best! 

• Posted

Thank you! We are in the process of digging deeper.
  • Posted

I've had cyst on my liver since I was in my 20s. I'm now 70 years old and the cysts have never caused any kind of problem. Some people have large cyst that can burst causing fever and neausea.. but if they are small and don't grow larger , they present no problem. But there's not much they can do about liver cysts. I've also had them on my kidneys and they also have never caused any problems. So if they aren't real large I don't think I would worry to much about them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.