Cysts & Right Testicle Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

My ultrasound scan has picked up small cysts, 2mm in size.

Is it safe to say cysts can cause testicle pain?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Yes, they can. But so can a whole host of other things.

Position of the cyst seems to play a bigger part in the strength of the pain, rather than just size.

My first lot were clearly in a tricky position, as combined with a poor operation the pain has never really gone away properly. Improved, but not cured. And that's after 3 different types of op.

My advice is to leave them well alone until you have no other option. Not enough is known of the condition to guarantee success.

• Posted

Hey, thank you for your reply, very much appreciated.

This is pretty much what the urologist has said, they really don't want to operate as they say its not always a success, could also make things worst. 

I've been told I have a cyst on the head of the epididimis, but they will not operate unless the cyst is 4mm in size or bigger.

I have pleaded with them to do something, but all they do is refer me to pain management. I cant spend the rest of my life on medication, medication just causes other problems. I have a phobia towards medication, I've tried many meds in the past and they dont not work. 

The urologist said to me I have neuralgia of the testicle, so why cant they just cut the nerves?

Why on earth do us men have a nerve that is connected between the testicle and the foot, I always feel the pain in my right testicle first, then the pain travels down my leg to my foot, the pain is with me all day.

Its crazy...

• Posted

The human body is a marvelous thing but it does have a few WTF things wrong with it. Sadly in men this is one!

No, you're right meds are no long term solution. Like you they weren't even short term successful with me.

I had testicle denervation done just before Christmas, maybe knocked 20% of the pain off. Not a cure. I've had 2 cyst removal ops and billateral varicocelectomy done and nothing has completely resolved the pain.

Hence my advice to leave it. It's not great advice to someone in pain, but something in your body has altered to bring this on, hopefully in time it will alter again and give you some relief.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.