cysts with kidney stone

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone been told they have cysts with their kidney stones? I have a 1.1cm stone my right kidney. They told me that if it wasn't bothering me to leave it alone till I have trouble. It's really starting to bother me now. My lower back hurts and I have pain in the lower right side. I never read that anyone mentions cysts and just wondering if this is normal with stones.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't think the cysts are a part of having stones, but i do have several too. from all I can read i understand that cysts can be just a normal part of aging and that most people have them. It is only when they run these scans on us that they find them and so we get all concerned. I had the lithotripsy done on my right side when that stone became too large to pass ( they said) and now they tell me i have several small stones in both kidneys. the ache is still there on the right as well so looks like we are in a similar situation. hope it gets better for you

Jeff

• Posted

yeah my doctor said the same thing, it's believed that you can live your whole life with kidney stones, and not have any trouble, unless they pass out of the kidney.

sounds like that's what happened here, it decided to pass, which causes you pain.

• Posted

I have a stone in my right kidney WITH a cyst as well. Seen on CT scan. Waiting for appt with urologist to suss out a strategy. No pain... wouldn't have known about it if not for the CT scan.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.