Cytolytic Vaginosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

Using the baking soda douche as my Dr. as requested but still has not gone away. Anyone have any insite into this lactobacilli overgrowth?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Edited

try the vaginal probiotics. lots around, might help to get you back in balance

• Edited

probiotics are just what the doctor said not to take. That is exactly what got me in this mess. However I appreciate you responding.

• Posted

how very interesting. you do sometimes think dont mess wirh it,just leave it alone

• Posted

I think maybe I had something like this. Lactobacilli are the good bacteria so doing a vaginal probiotic would make things worse I would think. I think it is hormonal and leaving it alone might be best. I have been experiencing irritation on and off since peri and some things that work is putting on grapeseed oil as my Dr. suggested and avoiding baths and letting any shampoos or soaps get in the area. Eating healthy and a good balance in the diet helps too. I got checked for a bunch of infections like yeast, bacteria and such twice now since this has been happening and everything comes back normal. Things seem to get better when on period too. Weird but I hope it all just goes away soon.

• Posted

Hi Cher,

With respect to the grapeseed oil, are you using it internally with no issues? Just wondering if it has any effect on the ph?

• Posted

My Dr. said that you can use the grape seed oil on the inside too but I just rub it on the inner labia but not inside vagina. Sometimes around the anus too but I am still not sure about it. It will relieve irritation but then sometimes I wonder if I am better off using nothing- the other day I put it around anus and then noticed redness in the area the next day so left it alone and now I am fine. My Dr. told me that gynecologists recommend it to women who get irritation in vagina due to hormone changes so that is why I first tried it- I never asked her about the anal areas though. It does seem to help for the labia/vagina. My irritation is in the inner labia area mainly.

• Posted

i noticed this was 2 yrs ago.... i have been dealing with this for 8 months( dr has misdiagnosed me) i am now with a new Dr that has me trying the baking soda douche.... will this ever permanently go away!!! ive never in my life of 40 yrs had vag problems..... what am i doing wrong and how dis this happen?

• Posted

Melissa, you posted your concern two years ago, and mentioned you are in your 40's. Was your ailment due to perimenopause? What treatment/s did you use work for you?

• Posted

Buy big empty gelatin capsules and fill them with baking soda. insert them every other night and voila. thats how i cured it.

• Posted

Hi Maria you are using baking soda capsules under the advice of your doctor for what may I ask?

• Posted

eat lots of yogurt or an Epsom salt

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.