D&C any tips

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I am 49 and last August I had spotting so had biopsy and trans vag ultrasound consultant said no cancerous cells but they saw what could be a polyp or fibroid embedded in uterus so this January I've had a biopsy with hytroscopy like they suggested had the results saying there is a small possibility of cell changes so now I have to have a d&c for a better look and more sample of the lining I think 😭My question is I've never had anthestic and I'm slightly overweight and it's worrying me so with the worry of everything as any one had it with out be grateful for any information xx god bless you all 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So now I've googled side effects like possible blood clots or a infection I need to take a deep breath before I cancel the procedure already ?I'm losing the plot for sure 😭😭

• Posted

Dr. Google ruins everything!

It is normal to be concerned about the procedure. And hard to resist the temptation to believe everything Google says. But remember, the millions a day who have the procedure with no problems are out living their healthy lives and not posting on the internet. So their stories never get told. The stories that get told are the Grand Round medical mysteries that make exciting urban legends on the internet.

My polyp removal was a day procedure like yours. They gave me compression stockings for any blood flow issues. I had my procedure done at a C+ hospital at best and no infection at all.  

Health anxiety has been one of the most intrusive symptoms of perimenopause for sure. I used to be a normal person. Now, I swear to you, snapping out my Invisalign braces to eat is a life or death decision. ("I just scooped up after the dog...what If I didn't get every single bacteria off my hands.....I will die of Parvo...."

You will be so proud of yourself when this is done!  And you can PM me any time. You are not alone! 

• Posted

Thank You so much I suffer with anxiety and panic attacks and depression I never see the positive I wish I could I've been under stress since last August being told my biopsy was clear now I had another saying there may be a possibility of a small Change in cells and told me not to worry but insists I have a d&c with hytroscopy are they mad of course I am worried I want to no if it's c so I can sort my life out x thank you for your support and kindness god bless you xxx🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hi beautiful ladies I am having my health assessment today and if all is well and there happy I will be on the waiting list god bless you for helping me xxx🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

• Posted

Hi again everyone I met with my consultant I do ga e to have polyp removed has there is a change in cells and I have to have a scrape of the lining I'm praying for a good result xxx I DO have to have a General Anethestic 😩😩😩god be with me I looking at a 2-3 week wait xxxx bless us all xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.