D & C for polyps bleeding/pain for 2 weeks.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My gyno removed some polyps. I have never done a procedure like this, and I have had pain for 3 weeks. I went from irregular spotting to this horrible pain and bleeding. The gyno said this would heal my bleeding and its only make things worse.

The only time the bleeding stopped was when i took the metroxyprogesterone.

Am i supposed to be in pain 3 weeks later? Whenever i exert myself i bleed more. If im calm the pain/bleeding lessens.

What did he do to me? is this normal??? I wish id never gone to this doctor.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had two D & C's and it always cured my bleeding. You could possible have an infection or something. I would call the gyn and let them know what is going on. D & C are suppose to stop the bleeding not increase or cause pain. I never had any pain with mine. People always respond different to things but I would certainly call my doctor and let them know what is going on and if you are not comfortable with that doctor switch to one that will listen to you. Best of luck and wishes to you.

• Posted

thank you!

i went to another gyno and was prescribed birth control in the hopes it would stop the bleeding. i had a vaginal ultrasound and they couldnt see anything wrong. I had a blood and urine test.

its been almost 3 weeks, and finally the bleeding is easing, as is the pain.

im just frustrated. i went to the new gyno, and he keeps saying that its different things that have caused my bleeding issues. His guesses: my weight, my blood sugar, my hormones, or my pcos. i have some more blood tests coming up.

For now i am feeling better. He didnt say why i had so much bleeding after the D & C.

• Posted

I"m due for my D&C in a couple weeks and really nervous!! I've had two normal births and had my blood drawn so many times but this makes me cringe.. The IV and all. Yikes.. Happy to hear no pain now-- and will rest days after.. Doing this at the Dr. offices instead of the hospital.. wish me luck!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.