D day today

Posted , 13 users are following.

It's surgery day for me I'm leaving home shortly for admission to hospital suburethral sling and pelvic repairs however I may only have the anterior repair and wait for the second repair .🙏🏻 Lots of luck to me and I'll try to post to keep others in the same situation in the loop with what my experiences are. The weather is a bit rubbish here in Perth Australia for the next few days so it's a good time to have some rest .

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Good luck.

Will send you prayers and reiki after surgery .

Hugs

Margie

• Posted

Hope you're still feeling well. Has your surgeon been to visit yet and explained your repairs? Can you send some cool weather over to Adelaide it's going to be 42 degrees here today smile

• Posted

He will be here in a few hours vaginal pack removed and in one hour they will remove catheter I hope all the strange sensations go away after that. I feel like I need to pee 😓

• Posted

Hi

How are you feeling !

Happy they are taking the packing out and catheter out.

My surgery is in 4 weeks.

How long was the surgery?

Are you going home the

Next day.

Prayers coming your way .

Good luck on your surgery and recovery.

Margie 😰

• Posted

I felt heaps better when the packing came out and even better when the drain was removed. The whole cramping/labour pains went away and I didn't need much pain relief after that.

Hope you can wee without too much trouble...the next exiciting time will be having your first bowel movement smile

Keep us posted xx

FYI: 12 weeks since my TVT, anterior and posterior repair and fallopian tube removal - I haven't looked back and would totally do it all over again, it's been life changing.

• Posted

Bowel movement oh no!!! That's what they are waiting for

• Posted

Hi Margie I went to theatre at 1:30 and was back on my ward at 4pm I had 3 nights in hospital everyone is different but at least two for everyone regardless. And yeah my pack and catheter came out at 4am and 5:30am it was the most uncomfortable part. I want an epidural next time if I need further surgery for the pain of the pack and sensation of catheter. Had my first night at home slept well only woke once for the toilet but still no bowel movement. Yesterday I had actilax or lactulose plus movicol in hospital and last night before bed I took oral laxative called dulcolax. They said after having posterior repair they don't want to rush in with enemas and supps. Goodluck for your op xx

• Posted

Just another update seen my surgeon this morning he done the tape sling and posterior repair which he didn't think was that bad initially he thought it was the anterior that was the worst. So he will see me tomorrow and if managing pain and I have a bowel action then I can go home. He will review me in 8. Weeks

• Posted

Hi all I'm staying an extra night in hospital tonight as my bowels have not moved I have been started on augmentin and flagyl due to me being immunosuppresed. Pain wise I'm tolerating it ok I just have lots of wind and feel a full pressure feeling like I need to open my vowels but nothing is happening. On a few occasions I am retaining small amounts of urine too. Thanks for listening smile

• Posted

Knew what you meant Geraldine, usually takes 3/4 days due to abstinence from food before surgery and the anesthetic.

I was about 4/5 days and think it was due to being so imobile, once I got home was a little more active, difficult to just sit and relax all the time, keep getting up to get bits and pieces.

Phyl x

• Posted

Thanks for your reply they will give me a suppository in the morning if I haven't gone by then x

• Posted

That's good, I was sent home both times having not went so that's much better, good that they are looking after you.

X

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.