D day today

Posted , 13 users are following.

It's surgery day for me I'm leaving home shortly for admission to hospital suburethral sling and pelvic repairs however I may only have the anterior repair and wait for the second repair .🙏🏻 Lots of luck to me and I'll try to post to keep others in the same situation in the loop with what my experiences are. The weather is a bit rubbish here in Perth Australia for the next few days so it's a good time to have some rest .

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I was able to leave hospital after I had passed wind. It took as most others have commented about 3-4 days before I had a bowel movement. I found using the advice about how to sit on the loo was really important, both for number 1s and 2s smile

• Posted

They sent me home with Lactulose to take but I didnt have a bowel movement till the eleventh day and It was awful so GP gave me Laxido sachets which work much better!
    • Posted

Oh no am I going to be in a lot of pain!? They decided against a suppository they will give me a week to go on my own with aperients. So I have to go back to hospital tomorrow if I haven't gone. I feel pressure and give a very gentle push but it's just wind. 🔫😭

• Posted

At least they are keeping an eye on you-nobody checked with me to see if I had a BM and I could not eat much for a week or so after the op so was not too worried that I had not been. If I ever have to have an op again I will make sure that I take Laxido!
  • Posted

It only hurt because I could not do one for eleven days-just drink plenty of water and you will be fine (Good luck)
  • Posted

How are you getting on Geraldine, hope you are home safe and sound and taking it easy
    • Posted

Hi cookienz I got home Saturday afternoon have been taking it easy enough I know I am doing to much walking or moving about as I start to feel very heavy down below . I walked just over 100metres today to get my 6 year old from school and it was very painful and exhausting afterwards. 🙄🙄 I have made arrangements for the rest of the week thanks for asking smile x

• Posted

Hi Geraldine, take it easy with the walking distances, you are still very early days and your body will "yell" at you !!! if you over do it.

Its good to walk but dont overdo it. Mostly sitting with feet up and rest rest resting to give yourself a good chance to recover.

?I feel mean mentioning this but at about 3 weeks I had like a pinching stinging feeling which alarmed me abit at the time. What I learnt from this forum is that its perfectly normal and is the nerve endings rejoining. Im now nearly 5 months on from my op and I still have reminders especially at work if I do to much. Its a long process healing but totally worth it. Im thrilled to be able to use the bathroom normally. My bowels were very slow to start off with and my urine flow was I guess you could say sluggish but now its all totally fine. 

?Bowel wise if you can get hold of Alpine Tea from the supermarket in the health aisle then I recommend it

?Take care Im off to work regards Kath  

• Posted

Hello Geraldinej how are you feeling/doing today?

I also had anterior and posterior repairs done 8 days ago. Still very much feeling it

• Posted

Hi Stephanie same as me then 8 days 😕 I'm slowin my feet and feel heavy pressure my legs butt etc are aching too dunno if it's because I'm unfit and the position your placed in for surgery or what. When I laugh or cough I brace myself and driving over speed ramps too. I haven't walked far but mobilizing around the house is taking a toll after a while the heavy pressure feeling is unreal x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.