D-Dimer

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello Guys. 

I went to see a cardiologist due to shortness of breath and anemia along with dysphagia.

I did

-Stress Electro cardiogram - Good

-EKG ultra sound for 45 mins - Good

-Blood Test -Good Except D Dimer

-CT chest because of my dysphagia. - Normal

My D-dimer result came out to be 1700... He said I am okay but he was not sure why my D Dimer level is so high...

I am currently experiencing dysphagia so painful. I am having throat muscle weaknesses and reduction of sensitivity. I am curious if my 1700 d dimer level is causing dysphagia...

My upper and lower esophageal sphrinters relaxation pressure came out to be high as well...

Please let me know what you guys think....

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Was your chest CT with contrast?
    • Posted

Not really. But Only dysphagia... I am so tired all the time and I feel fatigue. I have done muscle electro something gram where they poke your muscle and check your nerves I was fine... my cardiologist said I was okay but were ur ct and other tests ruled out ? My cardiologist said I was fine. I eventually stop having shortness of breathe after drinking brocolli cabbage juice and working out daily 
    • Posted

You can get false positives to D-dimer tests. As long as your chest CT is fine and there is no sign of DVTs or clots anywhere. The other places you can get clots are your heart, brain or abdomen. Any chance of that?
    • Posted

They looked at my heart with ultra sound and I did chest CT. Also they did brain MRI for my dysphagia.they said I am good but you know I got sick and all these symttoms came up with dysphagia. I never got in any accident that could cause this.  6 months ago I was like the healthiest guy in the world ... but I was always tired for a year.. I don’t know if stresss can really cause all this.  I have very weak throat swallowing muscles .... I heard if it is anxiety disorder it should not have any abnormal test results .. also I am only 32 ..
    • Posted

No thy have not. They found my. Swallowing throat motility is little weak which is a functional problem my GI doctor think I should try botox on my. Upper and lower esophageal sphincters sinc their pressure is higher. He is not sure it’s going to resolve the throat problem..... I wish it was Globus Globus Pharyngeus. I really have no clue why I have this problem..
  • Posted

Hey,

I currently have the exact same symptom shortness of breath and trouble swallowing every now and then. All my heart test came negative including my ct coronorary angiogram. Please let me know how you go. My gp say it is not my lungs but I am not sure what else I can do. Been told it could be anxiety.

• Posted

Hey Henry I currently have permeanat difficult swallowing.. shortness of breath went away after after eating healthier and working out. Did you ask your doctor that anxiety can bring d dimer level that high ? I am going to go see my doc next week and probably do more detail blood test .. I feel less strength over all ...
    • Posted

Yes apparently infections, inflammation or gastro can make the d-dimmer result high, but anxiety shouldn’t make it high. I also have no trouble working out. But I feel like I have lack of oxygen every now and then.  My swallowing only flares up every now and then which I will be doing a gastroscope soon. Hopefully that will give me some answers. 
    • Posted

I’ve done a blow test and an asthma test and an allergy test. They came out to be fine. All the basic heart tests like stress electrocardiogram & EKG and blood check are fine.. I was wishing that hospital and modern technology can easily find out what was going with me but it kinda disappointment that they can’t find much things.. living with illnesses really sux.. making me feel like I am a big burden to my family emotionally and financially as a such a young dude....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.