D Dimer high value

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I had chest pain and a bruise after taking the covid vaccine, I went to the hospital and they run all tests and told me everything was fine. I have the NHS app and I can see my tests results. I don't understand how to read the results but the graphic reads 1030 which I believe is quite high. It says Value 1030 ng/ml FEU . Range <500 ng/mL FEU

is this normal?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi I know this is an older post but did they ever find out why your d dimer was high? they cant figure out why mine is high and its been five months!

• Posted

no, at the hospital they never told me the d-dimer was high , I only found out when I looked at the results myself.. but I think that's why at that time they did a ct-scan too even if they didn't explain why.

I had more blood test about 3 months later but I don't think they did a d-dimer so I don't know what they value would be now.

how often is your d-dimer is checked?

• Posted

I went to the ER a few weeks ago with chest pain and one test the doctor ran was a D-dimer test. The way he explained it was that if the D-dimer value is high, that indicates that there is a blood clot somewhere in the body.

• Posted

they didn't explain anything to me but they did a ct-scan at that time.. and they didn't find anything (if they actually checked properly)

I don't know maybe it was just one off for me to have a high d-dimer

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.