D-Mannose - good for post UTI lingering symptoms?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I still have some burning and urgency - every other day or so.

I think the whole nasty experience has gotten into my head and, having cabin fever, I haven't been able to get out and get some exercise for the last week (frigid here!!)

My D-Mannose finally came in the mail...would it be good to take it for residual symptoms even though the UTI is over?

Thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I think is important to see your doctor and make sure the bacteria from the UTI is gone as only antibiotics can fully cure a UTI. D Mannose may help with some of the discomfort. I take D Mannose when I am having an IC flare and sometimes it helps. If your doctor says there is no bacteria and you no longer have a UTI but you are still in pain then you should do further tests to see if it could be IC or something else you are experiencing.

• Posted

I take d Manosse as maintenance to stop utis in their tracks 2 per day haven't had an infection in 10 months ....it will only work for infections caused by e coli though

• Posted

I've been to two doctors in the last week and have had 3 in office urine cultures, even a "clean catch" with a catheter....all clear.

I know I'm better but I just have this residual occasional pinching feeling in my bladder and was wondering if taking the D-Mannose AFTER a uti would be helpful in winding this whole thing down.

• Posted

Hi,

Just following up with your issue, as I have the same...pinching feeling and residual issues after clean catch, etc. What did you find that help? How long did it take to feel better? I am taking D-Mannose and Marshmellow root capsules.

• Posted

Hi Jen, I have the pinched feeling today.

I'm pretty anxious and I know I do a lot of internal abdominal clenching which aggravates or even creates the pinching/chafing feeling.

That Smokey Mtn Estro estriol cream is great but after the 10 day initiation period I had to go on maintenance (3 times a week) and on those "off" days - my dryness come back like a son of a gun - lots of chafing no matter what moisturizer I use.

• Posted

so your pinching is hormonal? my urogyn is thinking its inflammation...so i am waiting in a last bunch of tests to rule out even ureaplasma. thanks for answering. hope u feel better.

• Posted

My chapped/pinching feeling is definitely the dryness of my vagina. It hurts when I walk. When I was taking the estriol cream for 10 days in a row I had zero problems but as soon as I wen on the on again off again maintenance plan - the chaffing began. Ouch!

I did find that putting a big blob of vaseline right into the opening of my vagina - it helped tremendously when I walk.

I have dryness and I'm sure inflammation, too.

• Posted

hi I've been taking d mannose for 3 years 2 to 3 tablets a day. i didnt have a UTI for one year but had two in the space of 6 months. i think it helps i get burning feeling every other day. had a cystoscopy but investigation was negative. so they dont know whats wrong with me. my urine comes back fine apart from on had puss cells so i took antibiotics which made me feel better. D mannose is a natural sugar so it wont cause you any harm. its naturally found in pears berries and apples.

• Posted

Hi yes I've been taking D mannose for 3 years now. Each time when I thought I had a UTI the lab results came back negative. So I think it does help. It helps prevent UTI. It's like cranberry tablets but it's not cranberry so they aren't acidic. What symptoms do you have.

• Posted

Have you had your pelvic floor checked I get uti symptoms with no infection caused by my

• Posted

I've had a problem with my pelvic floor before and I think that's what this is. Thanks for the comment.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.