da to pip assessment

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi All,

Well this morning at 9.30am I had my assessment for transfer from m/c and h/m dla to pip.

It took place at the Waterlooville/Portsmouth centre. It seemed to go okay, the assessor was female, formal in her approach and questioning manner and was patient when I went off course and started rambling. She did not disclose her position or assessing qualifications and when after the assessment was finished I was asked if I had any questions, I wanted to make sure she was aware of "invisible disabilities", well if looks could kill I would be a dead man, I might have blown it ,big time!!!

Mike.

0 likes, 41 replies

41 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi denise,

I clearly wrote in the extra information section on preparing a simple meal that I had tried in the past on several occasions and had cut my fingers and scalded myself, not because of mental problems but because of numb finger tips and jerking arms when put under a strain. Neither of which would hinder driving a car.

I carry a prescription list in the car, along with the new dvla recommendations and would never drive a car unless I felt everyone's safety was not compromised in  any way. How many Monday morning hung  over drivers could say the same.

Mike.

• Posted

Yes, i totally agree but sometimes the HCP doesn't think that way. Crazy but true and i'm only saying what i know. If you disagree with the decision when you have it and you're confident you won't lose any award you may have when asking for the MR then challenging the decision is the only way.

• Posted

Hi denise,

As always, many thanks for your responses, a calming pool of lavender oil on our troubled waters.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi,

I have now received my pip award. Lower care and mobility. No surprises as this is how the assessor scored it on the assessment copy I asked for. I should hear from mobility soon with request to returning my mobility vehicle. At least I can claim 50% road fund tax and apply to my local council for mobility badge. Trying to keep positive, but I will write requesting an MR in a couple of days, get brain sorted first.

Mike.

• Posted

When requesting the MR make sure you point out where you think you should have scored those points and you reasons why.  With the descriptors if you can give examples of reasons why you struggle and what would have if you did do something you struggle with.

If there’s any lies told in the report you should avoid mentioning these, DWP won’t be interested in any of this. They will only what to know why you think you should have scored those points. Any extra evidence you have that proves they apply then send that. It doesn’t have to be medical evidence either.

Only 17% of MR devious change and you do risk losing everything you already have, as well as have a decision in your favour with a higher award. Good luck.

• Posted

Also you will only automatically qualify for a blue badge if you scored at least 8 points in the moving around part of mobility. If you scored them in following and planning a journey you won’t qualify for the badge unless you live in Wales.

The 50% road tax the car can only be used for a vehicle that’s for your purposes, so a partner couldn’t use the car for work. 

• Posted

Hi All,

I AM AN IDIOT!!!!!

As previously stated, I requested an MR for my pip awards. I was careful to how I wrote down my notes, and I put my N/I number, dob, and full name at the top of each A4 letter. I posted it by recorded delivery and am now awaiting a response. Now, on going through my copies of same I have just found not only a copy, but the original covering letter, with my full name and address, with email and land line phone number?!#*=@):.

What do I do? Leave well alone and hope they use my ni number, or phone them and poke the BEAR HELP.

MIKE.

• Posted

Hi,

Do you mean you thought you sent the MR request letter with the evidence but just realised you only sent the evidence and not the request letter?

• Posted

Hi All, I have sent off my request for m/r today. I have been awarded s/c and l/m but am hoping for either more on one or both. Not being greedy, I just feel that the assessment wasn't fair and should have been awarded more.

I realise I may lose out but will chance it anyway. Don't expect any change until a tribunal but will jump through the hoops for now.

Mike.

• Posted

Hi Denise

I put the m/r letter request in, just not a covering letter stating my contact details which they could easily get from my N/I number, if they can be bothered.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.