dad just diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

my dad was just diagnosed with lung cancer today.I had asked him to go for a routine test and the xray showed a huge mass at the lower lung. they dont know what type but they said its operable and the lymph nodes next to it look clear...but they will do full body scan to be sure. he is 79 no symptoms. they said it looks like its in a sack.

im very worried. im on xanax cos I cant cope. its good its in a round sack right?

sad I dont want him to suffer.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I am sorry that your Dad and you are going through this!  Cancer is awfully scary, but diagnosis and the treatments they do are more advanced than they used to be.  I know that this is hard on you, but you want to be there for your father to support him on his journey.  

Please let us know how things unfold.  Both of you are in my thoughts and prayers.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.