Daily All over Back pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am on day 36 of cycle and no period and ive been having the most severe back pain. I was having the burning sensation with it, that has calmed down. But the pain is still there. It feels like its deep into the muscle , and today I noticed around the right shoulder blade it is very sore. Even the bones feel sore. Certain foods brings it on, i am afraid to eat. Also a hot flash brings it on. It feel so tight and achey...I have hurt so much that its putting me in a depression state. The whole month has been pain and discomfort.

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Mary, Your not alone.. I just started my period yesterday and it was 46 days since my last one.. I have lower back pain and right hip pain and burning sensation in my calf. It aweful!! I’m sorry for your pain! Your not alone!! It is depressing!!! 
  • Posted

Hi Mary27278,

I get this too. Do you have reflux? Believe it or not heartburn pain can refer toward the back. I get that in my neck and back between the shoulder blades and chest. Right before my period started a few days ago, my reflux gave me a fit.

Try taking an antacid and see if it calms down then you have your answer. If it doesn't calm down or gets worse go see your doctor. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Sharcerv, yes i do have gerd, and a hiatal hernia and guess what? I did what you suggested , first i had a really good bowel move (sorry for tmi) , I immedaiately felt relief. Afterward, i took an antacid and wow! Did it make a huge difference, YES! Could this have been the problem? I know i had the problem before but not to this extreme. Before, when i released gas or decreased acid the burning and pain stopped. Looking back at my journal, this symptom was always during period or month of a missed period (the whole month). Thank you for your suggestion.❤

• Posted

Hi Mary,

I can speak only on my pain, but yes ibwoukd get it when my period is due, some days months it's worst , like in winter or when it's cold outside, I just ask my husband to rub my back with medicated cream, and sometime I use a heat pad,

• Posted

Been feeling this way for years. Just worse with no period since October of last year. I have all but 2 of the usual symptoms of peri.

Saw my gyn yesterday for bloodwork. Pelvic ultrasound tmw. He said he will get to the bottom of this for me. Planning BHRT or HRT. Life as we know it is NOT working!

I use heating pad, rice bag, and deep blue muscle cream. I like to describe this sometimes as my mom did prior to hysterectomy: "IT FEELS LIKE MY INSIDES ARE FALLING OUT!"😲

• Posted

All i can say is i missed my period this month and the bloating ,indigestion and back pain was the worst. I think things can still inflame in our pelvic area and cause pressure in our backs with sketchy periods just like when we are having our cycles. I even had mild cramping but still no period. Maybe theres something more going on but im going to the doctor for check .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.