Daily headaches caused by sinusitis?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all,

Back in Dec I started with a constant headache. Not intense just very aware that I had a headache all of the time.

As the weeks went on I had pain in my cheeks, stuffy nose, pain in top of jaw, loss of smell and taste and also the constant headache.

After visiting to the Drs I was sent for blood tests, all came back ok apart from crp test which showed inflammation. I was sent on my way again and told to repeat the test after a few weeks.

Still no change the week after and I was then given antibiotics for 1 week. Things seemed to ease very slightly, headache lingered slightly.

Now, last week I started with the daily headaches again and aching all over my body. I have had the repeat test done but results are not back yet.

I can not get an appointment with my gp until next Thursday. sad

Has anyone else suffered with sinusitis that returns and causes daily headaches and elevated crp test?

I keep having bouts of anxiety thinking it is something much worse.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Also - the headaches an be on my forehead, back of the head, on either or both sides and can range from and ache to a tingling/burning sensation on my scalp. sad
  • Posted

You need to go see a ENT I have headaches everyday and with pain in the back of my head and neck with sinus issues and having to get surgery on my nose have a bone spur in my nose and a small fracture but I can never breath out of my knose because its obstructedso thats why the surgery
  • Posted

What is a CRT test
    • Posted

Thanks Shelley, I'm hoping they'll refer me after this has come back against

A crp blood test measures for inflammation in the blood stream x

• Posted

My ENT sent me to a neurologist, swearing that the pain behind my eyes, was migraines. The neurologist said that my pain seemed sinus related! This is the world of sinusitis. You suffer, get little relief, and just try to go on with your life. The neurologist gave me a prescription for topamax, which is an anti-seizure medication that also works for migraines. It helped for a couple of years, then stopped. It can contribute to kidney stones, so it's not ideal. I'm going through anxiety due to my 17yr old cat who is failing. This has brought on a worse-than-usual headache, with severe pain behind my eyes. My vision is blurry. It coincides with an increase in post nasal drip and pain in the maxillary sinuses. No need to see the ENT doctor, as they just send me away, and tell me that it's chronic sinusitis. This is my life. I did see an infectious disease doctor years ago, because all of the antibiotics caused chronic oral thrush. Nothing came back in abnormal in the blood work. 

I'm sorry that your are going down this road. Do get tested for allergies, if you haven't already done so.

• Posted

You may have sinusitis plus migraine problems, so my cure for sinusitis may not completely cure you, but it will certainly provide some benefit. 

Please read my post "Sinus Infection- An effective treatment". It is an inexpensive treatment and always worth a try. Evening Primrose Oil is a wonder cure for hayfever and sinusitis. Best of luck in your search for a cure.

• Posted

Hi Danielle,

Sorry to hear about your problems, and I hope your GP can sort you out quickly. 

You don't say what antibiotic the GP gave you so I hope this is just a word of warning - don't let the GP prescribe you Levofloxacin (or Cipro or any other Quinolone antibiotic).  If you take any of these you run a big risk of Quinolone Toxicity Syndrome (see the thread with this title on this forum). 

If you took Levo (or Cipro etc), your headache and the other aches may be caused by the antibiotic (which was supposed to cure you!).  If this is the case don't take Ibuprofen (a NSAID), although paracetamol should be ok for the pain.  Message me or reply if you think this might be your problem as most doctors don't believe it exists!  We're trying to raise awareness. 

Best Wishes,

Miriam

• Posted

Hi Miriam

The antibiotic was called erythromycin. This was a 1 week corse around 7 weeks ago now and it seems it has come back again.

Really fed up of feeling run down with it sad

Thanks for your reply x

• Posted

Phew - I was getting worried as you sounded like you had the symptoms of floxing (as Quinolone toxicity is called).  Please be careful in case your GP tries to prescribe them for you in the future - if you look it up I think you'll agree it's not worth the risk when there are other antibiotics out there.

I don't know what to suggest to help apart from try Evening Primrose oil 1000mg capsules - it won't harm you and may even help.  I take it every day.  Avoid dairy products - they may be making it worse.  Have you tried menthol crystals (from the chemist) dissolved in very hot water and inhaling the steam (be careful not to burn your nose!)?  Finally, my sinusitis was chronic when I worked in an environment that was stuffy and filled with electronic equipment (I kept getting little shocks off the filing cabinets!).  Get plenty of fresh air and eat loads of fruit and veg, and take Vit supplements if you think you might be low in antioxidents etc.  Look at any other medication you take to see if anything might cause problems. 

It is depressing having a constant headache - or constant anything ache.  I hope you get some answers soon,

all the best

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.