Daily headches, pain in neck and shoulders for 18 months

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi all, just thought I'd make mention of my own particular headache issue that's gone on for a long time, which has steadily got worse over the last 18 months. Suffering from almost daily dull headaches and terrible tension across my shoulders and up my neck, with lots of fatigue and tiredness and a foggy brain. I was trying to control it with exercise and headache tablets which gradually began to lose their effect. It was getting so bad that I would dread each day thinking about what time the headache would come on and how it would affect my day etc. My neck and shoulders, particularly down the right side felt like they were in a vice, daily. I was consigned to the fact that this was how it was going to be, for ever.

Anyway to cut a long story short, I was discussing with a friend about her diet and she mentioned that she had cut gluten from her food and that she felt a lot better, more energetic etc. I decided to give it a go after looking at my own regular diet. I saw that I was eating a LOT of wheat foodstuffs; Weetabix (twice a day, I know !!), bread, pasta etc. I cut it all out, no wheat based cereals, no bread, no regular pasta. Swapped for Gluten free items from the supermarket. The effect was almost instant (well over 24 hours) - absolutely no headaches, or even a whiff of one. My neck and shoulders feel like they've been greased with WD40! No pain whatsoever. So after a week, things are still good. Lethargy has reduced dramatically too.

I've not had a gluten intolerance test yet, but I will just for my own peace of mind.

I just wanted to share so others could see whether this may resonate with them and to give hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps have a look at your diet and see what you think?

Good luck all.

Steve

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.