Daily migraine since 02/26/2021. Help??

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

My name is Dannie. I'm a 25 year old female. I've had a migraine almost every days for 9 months, about a week before my 25th birthday. My family has a history of migraines, I've had them since I was a kid myself but they've never lasted longer than 24 hrs and very few of them actually had me bed ridden. My prescription of Imatrex would last me a year and a half, easy. I want to give you a little history before I got into the daily migraines, I believe it's all pertinent, I promise.

In 2018, I had bariatrics sleeve surgery. I lost 130 lbs in about 6 months and it seemed my weight loss had cured my migraines too, I had one maybe every 7 or 8 months. then in 2019 I got sick, vertigo, lightheadedness, nausea, hand tremors, extreme fatigue and occasional headaches. The doc told me I had Hashimotos, an auto immune disease that usually leads to Hypothyroidism. I got a biopsy of some small tumors in my thyroid, benign, and the doc said I just have to deal with the symptoms of the disease. Ok, sucks but such is life. I took some OTC meds to mostly normalize my life but they got very bad around June of 2020.

I thought maybe I was pregnant because I had just started seeing someone, but I went to another doc, they said not pregnant and that my symptoms looked like Hyperthyroisism, the opposite of Hypo, but my tests came back Hypo. Needless to say she was very confused but said that the blood didn't lie, my thyroid levels were low but still normal so again I would just have to deal.

My symptoms calmed down again and I figure it was a symptoms flare because of stress. On February 26th I got a bad migraine, and it really hasn't stopped since. I've had maybe a weeks worth of days when I didn't have a migraine since then.

They come with all of the classic symptoms plus some extra just for fun, nausea, vertigo, fatigue, headaches, irritability, light/sound sensitivity, forgetfulness, loss of balance/appetite, weakness in my hands/legs, insomnia, back/neck pain, and some I've probably forgotten. They can come all at once, with or without extra symptoms, and last anywhere from a string of 2 second bursts lasting an hour(think fireworks, maybe?) to lasting 18 to 36 hours. It's usually triggered by sunlight, or any bright light, and the pain moves around, mostly settling on my temples. I've tried every medication I could get my hands on, even Delta 8 THC while it was legal in TX. I've tried eating/not eating certain things, doing/not doing certain things, exercise, rest, everything I can think of or google had suggested. It's exasperated by bending over, standing up, turning too quickly, pretty much everything that requires movement, talking/laughing/crying/singing. I can mask the pain for awhile but it always comes back.

I've seen multiple ER doctors, NPs, neurologists, GPs, ect. Anyone we could think of that could help. I even went to a ENT who told me that I had been misdiagnosed and although I had the MARKER that was found by a guy named Hashimoto, I don't actually have any of the symptoms or low low thyroid levels that are required when dealing with the disease. So, I've been walking around for years blaming all of my symptoms on that when in fact, I didn't even have it.

I had an MRI done and nothing was found except borderline cerebellar tonsillar ectopia, and I was told that it wasn't the cause.

So, if anyone can help, can point me in the right direction maybe, that would be much appreciated. I have plans to start a Surgical Tech program in the Spring. I had to quit my job because I couldn't drive and I can't even sit at a computer to do data entry because looking at a computer screen(eyesaver, screen tint cover, brightness dimmer, all nada) for too long triggers them. How am I supposed to go through life like this, go to school, get a job, anything? I often have self harm thoughts, the only thing stopping me is my husband. Please help?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Dannie. My name is Toby for short. Your post compelled me to join this forum. I am quite the techie but the first forum ever. I don't know if you are still monitoring or a member. You are very young and seem as a child in pain to me. I have lived and not really lived for Decades with Migraines. I will wait to see what your reply might say, but I will tell you this: Your most valuable asset is your husband, his support and understanding will be worth more than gold. I am amused to read of other forums that feature various forms of Migraine sufferers. I know that if they can still function in any type of normal capacity...well you know.

In Painful Regards,

Toby

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.