Daily Migraines (8-10) Pain level

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have always had headaches, only about 3 times a week at moderate pain level. Since Feb of 2015 have I have a migraine every single day with severe pain sometimes lasting days at a time. At home, work and out doesn't matter. They do not occur at the same time, sometimes same place. I take a lot of Ibuprofen a day most of the time it doesn't touch the pain. I got glasses and still no relief. I am going to see a neurologist in Jan, I am hoping some of you may have an idea on what to ask for or relief methods. I have tried a lot of homeopathic methods as well. The migraines are accompanied by light sensitivity, sound sensitivity and nausea. When I am at home I turn off everything and get under my covers for complete darkness. I am only 23 years old and have a 4 year old daughter, I feel so bad because I am confined to my bed in pain, and when I come home from work its straight under my covers. I need something to get some relief, I am at work now and have had a migraine since 12pm. Any help, suggestions is appreciated.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Kayla,

I'm sorry you are suffering. That was how my migraines started out. The best thing you can do for now until you see the Dr, is find your triggers. Caffiene, chocolate, vinegars... anything high in tyramine (look up tyramine foods and avoid those).

Also, bright lights, computer screens, loud noises... these can be triggers as well. Take lots of breaks at work.

Your Dr will take your history and see what other symptoms you have to decide on what type of migraines you are dealing with and then see what medication would work best.

Migraines are very treatable and soon you will be on the road to recovery.

Best of luck to you!!

• Posted

Hi Kayla, 

I had a car accident Sept 2011. Headaches became daily, then migraines and they became basically daily. (different intensity levels).

I have tried 3 GP's, a neurologist, a quack, acupuncture, chiropractor, osteopath, a "smoke and mirrors" kinesiologist, and maybe 1-2 others cant recall at the mo. I was taking about 9 panadeine or Neurofen (dulled the pain but didnt eleminate), plus imigram and now 80 mg of relpax. Approx 10 weeks ago, I was trolling the web for answers and came across physios using the "watson method". They promised that they would be able to tell in one session if the pain was neck related. I googled to find a Melbourne practitioner, and after a 4-5 week wait had an appointment with him.  He was the first person where I came out feeling better than I went in. He found a couple of spots in my neck that needed releasing, and I am slowly getting better. My suggestion; google for such a practitioner. Good luck and hope you find your answer sooner than I have. 

• Posted

It could be a hormonal inbalance. Have you had regular cycles, on a certain hormone adding birth controll. Are you by chance pregnant? Hormones are my biggest triggers as present. Florescent lighting a second place contender. Make sure to have regular blood panels checked.
  • Posted

Thank you all for the suggestions, definetly not pregnant!!! YAY!! I did not think about Florescent lighting I believe my work has these lights, also I work at a call center and use two computer screens. I will mention that to the nuerologist whe I go. I also use Migraine buddy app to record my migraine times, symptoms and possible triggers. So hopefully this will give them some insight to what the problem could be..
  • Posted

sorry 2 hear about your pain. i found solpadine very good cleard min in about 10 mins.i am now on gabapentin 7 weeks now without headach or neck pain. its a long old road untill u find the right meds. also try hot water over your head then cold water do this about 6 times it will give reilefe. also biofreeze i found this very good 2 hope this will help u
  • Posted

just 1 more thing alcohol is a big factor only drink vodka triple distiled as east and hops can cause them look up alcohol induced migraine
  • Posted

I've had migraines since about 18 years old, I'm 50 now and I'd say I've been in pain for 50% of the time in all those years.  It's affected my job, my family life, holidays etc.  I can remember one holiday where I went to bed as soon as I arrived and only got up 8 days later when it was time to go home.  What a waste.  Docs tried me on all sorts - triptans, sanomigran, atenolol, amitriptyline, topirimate, acupuncture, chiropracter etc.  Nothing prevented them, I never found a clear trigger and painkillers only dampened the pain slightly. I'd accepted that I'd always have them. Just recently I had a blinder of a headache that lasted 10 days and kept me off work so I went back to the docs. The only thing I hadn't tried was propanolol.  Well, 40mg of propanolol twice a day and I've not had a migraine since.  It's been 5 weeks now so I'm absolutely jubilant.  To wake up morning after morning and not be in pain after over 30 years of suffering is bliss.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.