Daily morning headaches?

Posted , 7 users are following.

The past couple of months I've been experiencing headaches just about every morning starting around 3;30 to 4 am.I'm 53 and hopefully close to meno. I've had only 3 periods in the past 9 months. So I must be getting near the end. Hoping that's what causing the headaches. I take my blood pressure. It's a bit elevated but not horrible.

Anyone else have frequent morning headaches?

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I've had the same thing for about 2 weeks. I suffer from hormonal migraines a few times a month, but these 1st thing in the morning are different. I'm 51 and still get regular periods, so not sure. frustrating

• Posted

I too suffer from hormonal migraines on days 3 and 4 when I have a period. They don't totally seem like a migraine but are happening the same time of the day when I do get a migraine. Does make me wonder about hormones?

• Posted

almost every odd symptom I chalk up to hormones right now....they seem to pass. You're not alone!

• Posted

I got them and found out it was because I was grinding my teeth at night.... got a mouth guard to wear to bed and the headaches stopped

• Posted

KLM- I imagine your dentist was able to see that you were grinding your teeth? That's how my husband found out. He wasn't aware of it. I don't sleep in the same bed so I don't know what he's doing 😉

• Edited

Oh my gosh! I was on the site here trying to find anyone else with headaches and you have nailed it! I wake up at least once a week with a back headache around 3-3:30 am and its a killer! I just did this AM and tha'ts why I am on here. Nothing takes it away! Mine eventually subside by 7 - 8 am (took Advil at 330 am).

Of course with the anxiety, it doesn't help because I start thinking its blood pressure etc. Same thing here...its up a little but nothing to bad.

How have yours been doing?

• Edited

I do wake up to bad headache around 2-3am, it happens a few times a month. I normally check my bp during this episode but all is normal. I guess its another peri symptoms.

• Edited

My morning headaches seems to have subsided for now. I also stopped eating a small snack before bed. I always used to so I didn't get low blood sugar in the middle of the night. I don't have diabetes but have always had hypoglycemia which seems to be getting weirder with all the hormones going haywire. I also stopped getting the "quivering" I would have within a couple hours of falling asleep...I'm thinking it's all related.

• Posted

Do you snore? It could possibly be sleep apnea. You might not be getting adequate amount of oxygen while are you sleeping hence the headache when you wake up.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.