Daily use of sanitary pads and recurring uti symptoms???

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi ladies I'm 35 suffer frm severe OCD fear of contamination etc I'm clean as can be but due to OCD I wear a sanitary pad 365 /24 hrs for god knows how many years I'm 35 by the way ( I know sounds pathetic) I've been getting recurring uti symptoms nearly every month since august 2014. could it be the continuous use of sanitary pads that r causing my misery???? Urine cultures only sometimes come back positive BUT all uti r there any ideas why's that? Can being on and off antibiotics on a regular basis cause urine culture to be negative? I had cystoscopy done may 2015 everything was normal I'm really confused, due to my health anxiety I'm thinking it's cancer😱, I only sometimes have red blood cells in dipstick test not very much I have more white and also my doctor when checking my sample mentions there's inflammation cells any info on that anybody? I'm feeling stuck and lonely help.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Anisa

i don't know if this will help... but i used to use pantyliners everyday , the hole day and used to have a constant burning sensation due to this. I was unaware of it but as soon as i stopped wearing them holeday i felt a difference.

• Posted

There are are noxious chemicals in these things which will get through your mucous membranes and do you far more harm than any sort of dirt. You need to try and get counselling to rid yourself of this hang up. Try and ditch the liners asp. Also lots of abx will not help . They destroy the beneficial bacteria in our guts. Try taking a probiotic .
  • Posted

yes, like madge07350 replied the liners can be make of harmful chemicals. Another thing that can happen is the bacteria build up on the liner depending on how much you change it. I would reccommend, buying organicly made pantie liners and changing them out everytime you go to the restroom.
  • Posted

My doctor told me that sanitary pads are breeding grounds for bacteria. They are designed to protect your underwear from fluids so are made with a plastic backing that holds fluid and moisture right next to your body and doesn't "breathe". There's no air flow. Bacteria can grow very easily in that environment. So change them often, way before they're full, and use only when absolutely necessary. Also the materials used to make the pads can cause irritation. 

• Posted

Definitely consider receiving OCD treatment--look into cognitive behavioral therapy maybe? Limiting exposure to the synthetic materials in pads/liners may certainly help with irritation. As an alternative, look for cotton or cotton-topped ones and change frequently. Consider washable cotton/cloth pads too, as these "breathe" more and will conserve resources.

• Posted

Hello Ladies, Please be very aware that there are chemicals and toxins in every sanitary napkin and tampon that we use. It only takes 26 seconds for these toxins and poisons to enter our bloodstream which cause several abnormalities in our bodies. No, I am not a doctor nor do I claim to make any medical statements. This comes from my own experience and research. Google Dioxin and see for yourself what does. You can change how you feel and what you feel. If you would like more information please let me know. 
  • Posted

Hi . I’m new on here but what u have is the same as what I have by the sounds of it. I’m 36 and have used sanitary towels for years every day and I have recurrent utis now. I’ve stopped them now and it is getting better but still getting pain every now and then. Did ur utis clear up and how long it take? 
  • Posted

i have to use panty liners all the time so im using homemade cloth pieces....wash everyday....before drying in sun i wash them again in very hot water...and then after drying i iron them very hot and then keep them aerated.

im not saying i dont get uti but follow this regime

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.