Daily weigh itn vs weekly weigh in

Posted , 4 users are following.

I weigh myself daily, I know a lot of people have weekly weighins (is that a word).

I also know some people have been 'stuck' at a certain weight. I've been there myself.

These are my weights and dates

14-Aug-0979.20

15-Aug-0979.10

16-Aug-0979.40

17-Aug-0979.10

18-Aug-0979.30

19-Aug-0978.25

20-Aug-0978.00

21-Aug-0979.10

22-Aug-0978.05

As you can see the general trend is down BUT if I'd only weighed my self on 15-Aug and 21-Aug then it would look as if I'd lost nothing.

I just wonder if some of you are actually loosing weight but just unlucky with the weigh in at the doctors?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I see your point. I weigh weekly at home and every 2-4 weeks at the docs but the scales are different. I am now using food focus which allows you to enter your weight in daily which i thought was too often. I might weigh myself more often and track on food focus - as long as i accept that my weight might go up by a few hundred grams then daily-ish weigh in's cant be any harm.

Good luck.

• Posted

Sassx - that is a very interesting bit of research...thanks for posting those results.
  • Posted

Sorry Sashh - spelt your name wrongly.
  • Posted

personally speaking i can't weigh myself daily, i find it too disheartening to see my weight go up, i tend to leave it 5-7 days between weigh-ins. my doctor weighs me every 4 weeks and i so far have always managed to get an early appointment so i leave breakfast until after which keeps my weigh-ins close to the weigh-ins i do at home which i do first thing (after going to the loo!)
  • Posted

Sparkles,

I am with you on this one. if I weigh daily I can't take the rises - even if I know it is down to TOTM or similar.

So weekly works for me and I just listen to my body. I know if I am holding water or if I have eaten something that will stay around for a while.

Lelly xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.