Dairy makes me go to the toilet a lot but not diarrhoea?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so I'm under investigation for a stomach ulcer and possibly ibs as well. I get bad cramps everyday and I have tried fodmap but that was useless and I worked out food wasn't a trigger (including dairy). Anyway since this thought to be "ucler" I have not been able to eat dairy and after eating it I get bloated but not too badly and I go to the toilet.. a lot. It's loose but not watery but I never get proper diarrhoea anyway (I don't drink much and I just don't idk why). If I eat diary at night I get it the whole of trje next day. Funnily enough, it doesn't aggravate the cramps much. Anyway, what could be the cause of this? Thank you.

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like IBS.  Does your pain move about? Food intolerance is common with IBS.
    • Posted

I never had a food intolerances before except a temporary gluten intolerance which is strange. I guess I get temporary intolerances. Anyway, I doesn't need really move about it's mostly upper in my stomach but a bit in the middle. I replied and added a little edit about how it feels now.

• Posted

Edit: the pains are now unbearable and I feel nauseated. No more going to the toilet but feel like I need to (flactuance instead of bowel movement) drinking makes it worse and makes me feel like I will puke but I'm so dehydrated 

• Posted

What kinds of things are you drinking?  Try small sips of water; sometimes drinking warm water helps. It is important to keep hydrated. Avoid anything fizzy or sugary. Gas and nausea are also symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome.  Try a food diary to see what other foods may be a problem besides dairy.

Try nurofen for the pain and ask your doctor for an antispasmodic like Buscopan.

• Posted

Just plain water, I never have fizzy. I have tried buscopan but they are useless and I keep a food diary but nothing in particular (apart from dairy) triggers it a which is why fodmap didn't work. 

• Posted

Hi Amelia. I have a stomach ulcer and the pain is at the top of my stomach circulating around my back. Is this where your pain is? I feel sick everyday so have to take tablets to try and ease it. My stomach is in constant nasty pain all the time. Food wasn't my trigger either. You may also have Diverticulus/ Diverticulitis. Mention this to your doctor.. This can cause loose stools .

• Posted

The pain is in my upper abdomen and can be very unbearable, constantly bringing me to tears. I take antacids but they don't really help. I also have a very bloated and distended upper abdomen so it sticks above the bottom abdomen, from the minute I wake up and it intensifies on an empty stomach but I have no appitite so I don't eat much. Do you get this?

• Posted

Hi Amelia. My stomach is distended all the time. This is the fourth stomach ulcer I have had since I am 25. I am now 60. Antacid medications don't work for me either. I take 4 omeprazole and 4 ranitadine daily plus gaviscon liquid, ginger and lemon tea and suck crystalised ginger to try and get rid of the nausea. Most days I wake  feeling sick and it comes back and fo then stays for hours.Every night the acid comes up from my stomach and burns my throat and making it bleed on and off every morning for 6 years. I have a pyloric ulcer on the border of my stomach and my duodenum (small bowel). Your symptoms are very similar and they need to hurry up and get these test done. Ulcers are very painful and I feel like crying sometimes. I have to lay on my couch with a hot water bottle on my stomach. I am a qualified Herbal Practitioner and am still in the process of searching for an alternative treatment for the pain as pharmaceutical drugs don't work on this type of problem.

I had an operation on my stomach last year which was only 50% successful plus I can never vomit again.Before this I was sick everyday.I have been suffering from gastritis and duodenitis this year and they are very painful. It sounds as if you have a gastrointestinal problem. If I find anything that can bring relief I will let you know soon as. I don't know how old you are,but this illness spoils everything.  I can totally sympathies with you.

• Posted

I am 13 and not going to school at the moment but it's GCSE prep so it's horrible. I'm also severly underweight and trying to recover from an ED but this illness makes it hard to eat and the big belly just triggers my ED. The pain makes me bedbound and I'm just losing more weight everyday I'm so depressed I've started self harming again. I hope the hospital helpe me soon before it's too late.

• Posted

I have  had a sore spot under my left rib for over seven weeks. Then I get really bad indigestion, intestinal bloating and cramping. My blood work was normal, I just had an abdominal ultrasound but no results yet. January 3, I go for endoscopy. This is really weird and I’ve never had this   before. Not sure if Ulcer can cause the bloating and cramping? 
    • Posted

I get the bloating and it's horrible and the crampe can be unbarebale. I sympathise with you but I'm jealous the hospital actually are willing to help you! My blood work is also normal which confused me. I hope things go well!

• Posted

Bloating, indigestion and cramps sre IBS symptoms.  Does your pain move about and do you get change of bowel habit?
  • Posted

Hi Amelia. You need to tell your parentS to take you to the hospital as soon as possible. You cant deal with this on your own.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.