Daith piercing to help lessen or eliminate migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

This evening I got a Daith piercing that's supposed to help or eliminate migraines. Has anyone on here done this? If so, did you have a good result?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've never heard of this. Who recommended for you to do this? Please explain the process. Has it started working since getting it?

• Posted

Sochima, I'm sorry to take so long to get back to you. The Daith piercing has made an amazing difference. I haven't had a migraine since getting it. I've had some neck soreness, and two random headaches, but they weren't bad at all, in fact hardly anything. As far as why they work, I guess it's similar to the way acupuncture works. 

• Posted

This is wonderful. It's hit or miss for some as I've read. Yes, I imagine it's like acupuncture, you need to know where to put it so it can be effective.

• Posted

Hi,

yes I've had this done last June (2016).

As I suffered for 20+ years with migranes....... A few friends at work had there's done first, as I was hitting the premenapause stage my migranes were terrible I simply couldn't stand it anymore,

for me it's been a life saver, they have been massively reduced..,,,,,

however I may get the odd one now and again.

how r u finding it?.

• Posted

Hi Shelly, I've not been on here much lately, that's why I've not answered. Sorry about that! The Daith piercing is wonderful! I believe my migraines were hormonally triggered and they would last for 3-5 days and I would usually have 2-3 every month. Three of my daughters and I had them done at the same time and they are also very happy with their results. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.