Damage in left eye and large cuppings..

Posted , 4 users are following.

Just had my eye exam. He took images of the back of my eyes, and showed me a small red part, behind my left eye, that, he said was the damaged part...I also have very large cupping in both eyes...I am using monopost eye drops for over a year, it brought my pressure down from 25 to 16and my visual field test was normal...I have blurry vision, and bright light annoys me...I wear glasses for distance...so he suggested a slight tint to stop the discomfort...I suffer from Anxiety, and since my test, I cant sleep with worry...read online, that people go blind within 10 years...Please tell me, this is not true...going blind, is, and always was, one of my worst fears....I am going mental here with worry..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

im sorry but i just dont get whats your point. you scared because you already got the damaged although you already have a lower pressure? or something else?

• Posted

HI jaudat...I am scared because there is damage.. to my optic nerve in the left eye....this cant be reversed, I have managed to lower the pressure..and at my last test there was no damage...so it is worrying me, how it could happen so quick...there was only 2 months between each test...

• Posted

Hi Mariano,

Don't be worried, the fact your pressures have come down to 16 now and there is no damage to the back of the eye suggests you will be fine. Glaucoma is diagnosed when there is actual damage to the optic nerve and a loss of peripheral vision. If your pressures are raised but there is no damage it is usually termed Raised Intraocular Pressure not Glaucoma. In your case it sounds as though your pressures are now well within normal limits and hopefully there will be no loss of vision. Please try not to worry.

• Posted

Hi Matt, There is damage to the back of my left eye...Had seen my eye doctor2 months ago...and all he said was I had large cupping...to carry on using the eye drops, it was my optician ,when doing a routine eye test...he took pictures of my eyes, and showed me the area in red...he said that was the damaged part...there was no red in my right eye....He also said I had very large cupping...Of course I am worried, and scared....its all I can think about...my greatest fear is losing my sight....Thank you for replying though...

• Posted

I would say if it was your optician that said that, then definitely go back to your Consultant and express your concerns. It must have been a Consultant who prescribed you the eye drops? So in your shoes I would get an appointment with them and ask loads of questions. It is probably the only way to find out what's going on. Good luck with it and I hope the red area is not serious. Kindest regards

• Posted

Your eye doctor whom I assume is an opthalmologist did not mention blindness. To allay your fears I would suggest you call him and ask him. He examined your eyes and he would know, not what you read somewhere without a personal exam.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.