Damaged skull 23 year old male

Posted , 2 users are following.

Approximately 6 weeks ago I hit the top of my skull whilst leaning in to pick something up from the bottom of a wardrobe. I experienced dizziness confusion and went to the doctor who told me I had concussion.

The symptoms improved over the next 3 to 4 days but then suddenly worsened leaving me with serious confusion, dizziness, fatigue and nausea.

I spoke to my GP again and was given a leaflet on post concussion syndrome. I was also sent to the local hospital for a CT scan which showed no abnormalities.

The symptoms have been very up and down. The dizziness and nausea have mostly passed and the main thing I am struggling with now is fatigue. The reason I am on this website is that I have noticed that any slight pressure

(Today noticed whilst shampooing my hair) on the top of my skull, just forward of the crown on the highest point of the skull, leaves me with severe dizziness, confusion and irritability for a short period of time (30 minutes to an hour).

Right now I am very dizzy with a headache and inclined to snap at anyone trying to speak to me. Is this a sign of damage to my skull or perhaps a slow bleed on my brain? The CT scan was roughly 4 weeks ago now but my symptoms have been improving.

I'd be interested if anyone has had similar issues? And any advice would be fantastic. I'm getting very worried as I'm 6 ft 5 and can't spend the rest of my life walking into doorways and the like and having to sit down and rest for an hour afterwards.

Thanks,

Toby

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The recovery from concussion can take 3-4 months. Fatigue can be a problem and also short temper and sometimes depression. You should rest as much as possible. As the CT scan has not shown any problem and you say overall the symptoms are improving I'm guessing that the bang on the head was quite significant and is taking time to heal.  If you notice any sudden decline or things dont get better after 4 months you should go to your doctor or A/E.

• Posted

@Marina Dee - Thank you very much for this response, that has reassured me. I will keep on top of it. I didn't realise that concussion could take so long to heal. Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.