Damn pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

fractured wrist and arm. Doing good, keeping up on physio....but palm of my hand and part of fingers nearer to palm side are agony. Stiff in the morning. Anyone else the same. I reckon arthritis but wanted to ask someone on here

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

How long ago was your break? Both my wrists were broken one dislocated May 30th I have on going pain in my hands arms and fingers. Sometimes it's better and sometimes it worse. I know some of mine could be arthritis but not going up my arm. I've had therapy and do continue with it on my own. They've told me it takes a long time for nerves and tendons to heal. I don't like the sounds of it and I get depressed because of it but they say sometimes up to 1 to 2 years 😖 Damage to nerves take a long time. I'm 74 years old and they say the older you are the longer to heal ~~ that's just the way it is. 
    • Posted

Sixth of August. Under knuckles are swollen. Easys slightly as day goes on then back with a vengeance night time. Doing the fist exercise doesn't help but has to be done. I am 62, oh heck if it's that long I will have a flat head from hitting against a wall it's my right hand and I am right handed. Really a nuisance.....
  • Posted

Sorry for your continuing pain. I can sympathise as I broke my wrist badly at the end of August and had to have open reduction with a plate and 9 screws to put it back together. 7 weeks later x-Ray shows the bone isn't healing yet either. I have a lot of pain - a partially numb palm, thumb feels like it isn't mine and if I sleep with my fingers curled, straightening them in the morning feels like there's a thick elastic band inside each one that I have to stretch hard to straighten - ugh! I'm a bit younger at 57, but was still told it would take a year, maybe longer to get back to not quite what it was. Patience and perseverance 😕
    • Posted

I Was lucky not to have been plated and screwed . Am grateful for that. Not seen consultant yet, apt cancelled and rebooked. No surprise there! 

Me and the word patience have never been used in the same breathe. 😁. I know what you mean about curled fingers....onwards and upwards...

• Posted

Oh dear so sorry. Yes seems time is the only thing. It's something we humans don't like hearing also the word patience. 
    • Posted

As stated patience was never added to my body when born! Having to help someone in the family who are ill Is making lif harder. One day I will do hand waves like the queen,,,,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.