Dandelion root

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi anyone, as i have said, i have 5 cysts in my liver. I have two questions. Do anybody know if dandelion root shrink the cysts? Also I want to know, if I have gallbladder problems, does tea aggervate or bring an attack on.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Dandelion is a diuretic, I doubt it would shrink cysts.

As to tea everyone is different , tea could bring on an attack, try to leave

a gap between other food and drink and see if anything happens .

Let us know how you get on.

• Posted

Hi Linda282930, thanks for the reply. I will try the leaves. I assume leaves is what you're speaking of. Someone once said that dandlion roots pull all the fluid from a cyst , but, I'll give it a try and let all know.

• Posted

Hi, Dandelion root makes you wee a lot , people take it

for excess fluid . I don't know about the leaves .

Good luck if you try it and let me know how you get on .

• Posted

Dandelion is a diuretic but it is also beneficial for the liver, particularly in combination with milk thistle and artichoke and that combination can be helpful for liver cysts. Might be worth investigating.
    • Posted

Thanks lisawilly for your reply. I have tried the dandelion tea, and I somewhat had an irritating pain under my right rib so I stopped it. I will try the milk thistle. Does it come in capsules? I think I will hold on the tea and try capsules if they both come in capsules.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.