Danielle is back from Hols

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello everyone, It was so good to see that Jo is feeling better, and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I came back from hols and the very next day all the anxiety was back, I felt great while I was away, I can hear my neighbours having a laugh with each other, and so wish I could be like them, I have a social phobia,I have also started a cbt course, 2 weeks in, at the assesment I was asked if I would prefer to see male/female, selected female and what do I get MALE, dont feel comforttable with him, dont like his abrupt attitude, and he told me to discuss my medication with gp as mirt isnt listed as one that will help my phobia. Had a few drinks on hols, as you do, and now Im home I have kept up the drinking, I also think Im addicted to diazapine.

So life sucks at the moment, 11mnth 7 different anti depressants, 2 doctors, 4 different pyschs, and still feel like sh--, YEAH LIFES GREAT!

I wake up every morning and think HERE WE GO ANOTHER DAY IN PARADISE, The NHS is blooming great, for those who we are paying wages for.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Welcome back Danielle. Your therapist does sound a bit of a p......r but never mind (am I able to say that) It does seem weird about the male/female thing but I suppose you'll have to make the best of the sessions. He will give you the 'tools' and you will eventually be able to do the CBT by yourself. I didn't get on very well with CBT as I was far too depressed to actually carry out most of the tasks set and I wanted to talk about how I was feeling rather than having my thoughts and feelings pigeon holed. It was a well constructed course at the Priory. Most of the sessions were in a group setting which I hated. I hope that you are able to find something constructive from your course.
  • Posted

*~Danielle~*

\" Nice to hear from you!\" you have been missed! xxx

charlies girl is [STILL HANGIN IN THERE] with great difficulty! :cry: your not alone x

• Posted

Hi Danielle, I too, not soo good, but as Charlies girl says. stick it out - like i think - we will have another holiday!!!

Mind you - I want another one- RIGHT NOW! And thinking about phoning my CPN - to go back on these. Ijust cant handle the out of contorl feelings on M, but I need proper sleep. Had a really upsetting experience last night and do not want to be alone.

Danielle and Charlies girl, whatever it is , it can only get better!!!!!! (There is always a way). Hugs to you both.

• Posted

Well, hello. I'm feeling very envious - depression stops me even going on holiday. When I wake up, depression keeps my eyes tight shut, and makes me wish everything would go away and I could sleep again so I will then wake up refreshed, but that never happens.

I envy those of you on cbt courses - I was told 'buy this book on amazon' - 'cbt for dummies'. Yeh right.

I've had some counselling, which was like dissecting everything - family, childhood, relationships, but didn't put it back together.

So I'm sorry for the envy but to me you all seem to have someone if not rooting for you, then listening to you. My black cloud sees to have blotted out the sky again, over the black pit I'm still in. On my own.

Or maybe this is just what it feels like after a month at 30mg after being on 45mg for nearly a year. And after putting so much weight on I've more health problems.

Sorry. Hope I haven't depressed anyone else.

J

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.