Danish Rose Hips for Pain/Stiffness and B6 Therapy, all pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've got renewed interest in the above and now take 750mg Danish Rose hips 1-2 times per day or more.....along with my other Vit C.....

Also B6 is critical for ALL PAIN and I pulled out a book I had bought yrs ago called Vitamin B Therapy...and what an eye opener......I wasn't in the pain back then that I'm in these days SINCE hip replacement and advanced aging.....

Adults can safely take 100-200mg B6 daily. more to work on getting rid of the arthritic nodules....

Adult diabetics can safely take 300mg daily.

This is dosing from the book I own. written by an MD. 

We just don't get all we need from our foods, truth....No way.   Joy

I go on other groups and so so many are gobbling down so many drugs looking for help, that is not where it's at.....

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It is amazing how many people assume they get all the vitamins and minerals they need from food. Yet where spinach used to contain loads of iron it now contains very little. You would need about twenty times the amoun t of spinach to get the same amount of iron, it is just impractical and impossible to try to get your vitamins this way.
  • Posted

Carmel and all ---  after picking up my book after not reading it for many years, I sent this email to my friend who now deals with knee issues and more general pain and her sister just given the RA dx....this is pretty amazing insight into it all.....

((Mary, I pulled my book out, I probably have owned it for over 10 yrs, but have never been in this much pain post op and aging.....

in one section there is a story about a person who could NOT turn their neck and that is my neighbor Pearl.....for about 4 yrs she could not turn her neck.  Still can't.

She is loaded with OA and maybe RA too.....

Then below this story about the stiff neck.....the author essentially says:

As a result of my research, I firmly believe that 90% of what is called arthritis in the U.S. is, in reality a biochemical change in the synovium of the tendons and joints, particularly in the fingers, thumbs, elbows, shoulders, knees and hips.......The epidemic incidence of B6 deficiency today is the root cause.   With the changes in the synovium, a person experiences swelling, pain and stiffness in the joints, symptoms that most men and women, including doctors, call "arthritis".....

How about this?   I called Pearl and said buy your B6 and get with it.......   joy))

There is a section in the book on the chance of reversing "nodules" and that taking say 200mg of B6 for several months and then evaluate.

Adults safe dose is 100-200mg per day.

Diabetic adults 300mg 

No we get so little good nutrition from our foods and if we could, one would need to eat lbs daily.......sure....

• Posted

I am definitely going this morning to get some as i am over being in pain. 

Thank you for sharing that. Would it be possible to tell me what the name and author of the book is?  I think it would have to be sent via a private message. 

Wilma

• Posted

My understanding is that arthritis is a build up of calcium desposits and can be treated with magnesuim and it's co-factors b6 complex, borax and bicarbonate. Joy do you have FB you would love the magnesium advocacy group all natural healing and so knowledgeable
    • Posted

Kellie, I'm not a FB fan, but I've been taking mag for mega years but the B6 issue is really "getting to me".....hence why I'm jumping on the P5P, and I've heard some do well on B6 but a friend said P5P is more absorbable....

One does need to be taking mag when taking B6 I've read that....

I've been on many groups and I know the extreme value of magnesium and now know how important Manganese is too for the bone health.

I'm rather taken by what the author in this conclusion said about the history of arthritis......he didn't mention calcium but the synovial loss in our joints and due to B6 deficiency.     I've never taken much calcium supps, very little actually and eat some hard cheese, some goat milk yogurt......and take D3 and K2 but the B6 thing is very interesting.

You know MD's offer the HA injections which are synovial fluid in the joints and I did 2 sessions years ago and they did nothing.

B6 is water soluable so needs to be constantly replaced as the body uses it.....don't know anythng FOR SURE....but thinking more on this one.  

• Posted

Joy, you are right B6 is water soluble and is best taken as a B complex and you only need 25-50 mg per day. P5P is more for those who have methylation issues. I hear. Thorne is a good b complex to take.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.