Dare I say.........

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

Would just like to share with you that i am having a good day apart from being at a funeral this morning! sad

My aches and pains have subsided, so it just goes to show that rest works smile and staying away from the Nintendo Wii :P :lol:

I could have slept on this morning, mind you! :zzz:

It's days like this when i feel i could be at work and i feel guilty :grrr: and sometimes when i feel good i do lots of housework but not today, i want to be fit for tomorrow. :diva:

I am going away tomorrow, overnite with the girls (all nurses :nursesmile so may not be feeling great after that but there's one sure thing, i won't have a hangover :ale:

Hope you are all well.

Teedie

x

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Teedie

Glad you are well apart from the funeral.

Rest does work when you can do it, its making time for it thats the problem! :roll:

It is the chicken and the egg scenario, you feel well enough to work cos you are rested but if you did work when you felt well it would make you ill

Damned if you do and damned if you don't... :weird:

We are on Chippy for tea cos I am tired :wink:

Have a lovely weekend and :bleep: to the pacing!! :twisted:

Dale xxx

• Posted

Hi there Teedie

Have a great weekend with the girls!!:diva:

Yes, resting up sure does work and really is the only answer, but it's so boooring sad We all have so much we want to do and can't damn well do it. :wah: )

But, as I am always saying - we just plod on.

And please don't feel guilty about not working. I had to pop into my office yesterday to see a colleague and after an hour of phones ringing, residents popping in and out wanting things (how dare they!) and 101 other things going on I soon realised that there was no way I could do my old job - my brain was totally frazzled and I felt really poorly - still do.

Just about managed to drive home. So that says it all really .......... sad

Take care and have lots of fun

Katie xx smile

• Posted

Hi Girls,

Thanks for the support and encouragement smile I am going to have fun and take the consequences sad

Dale - i know that one day back at work and i would be back to square one. sad

Katie - thats a shame you were poorly yesterday but at least you have accepted that you can't work, although it's a :bleep:

:steam: HELP!!!!!! The school hols started today and i have my own 2 kids and another 2 in the house (raining as usual) sad I can feel my stress levels rising and my shoulders getting sore. :x They are wrecking the joint :evil:

So much for my rest, we have another 7 weeks to go :wah:

I used to look forward to school hols as i work term time but all that rest i have been catching up on will be gone :sadface:

Teedie

x

• Posted

Oh boy! School hols! sad :weird:

My sympathies really do go out to you guys with children - it really does make our condition so much more difficult to cope with.

My daughter was only four when I had ME for the first time and as she was an only child she nearly always had a friend or two round to play.

I became known as the 'cross' mummy I discovered later, and as my daughter grew older I then became the mummy all her friends found 'scary'. :shock:

So guys, I know it's really, really hard at times but try to keep your patience and good humour with your children even if they are driving you round the proverbial bend! I obviously failed miserably as a mum during those years and I still feel really guilty about it now. sad It was mainly the noise I just couldn't cope with ........

ME is hard enough to cope with on your own without having to consider others as well .......:cry:

Katie x

• Posted

Teedie, the minute I get stressed my shoulders start getting sore too. This illness is just so weird! :weird:

Katie x

• Posted

It's the noise i can't cope with either, no-one understands that part of it, i've tolerated them for 2 hours now, can't take it any more :evil:

My lights are shaking on the ceiling :wah: I'll need to get them to leave - they're leaving now that's my daughter crying now. :cry:

My head is thumping - i know i spoke too soon :grrr:

I know what you mean Katie, i have lost my patience and sometimes i feel bad sometimes i lose it. :cry:

I am absolutely shattered now, shoulders and arms are aching. sad

I'm waiting for hubby to come home from work and i am escaping to Asda for some me time.

Kids getting KFC for tea smile

Teedie

• Posted

Hi Teedie You break up early in Scotland dont you? Mine doesnt break up until 18th July and I have 2 weeks booked off with her. How old are your youngest? My daughter is 13 so she is pretty much self sufficient. It is easier when she has friends round as she has a converted attic that they can retire too. :lol:

MSN and DVDs are great, or she will go out to Hollingworth Lake which is a local beauty spot where it takes an hour to walk round. I give her money for an ice cream and her and her mates are gone for ages :ok: (It is a safe area, I am not that desparate for a rest that I would put her in danger!! :? )

Katie I am sure you were not a failure as a mum, children adapt and love you anyway. You are looking back with guilt glasses on! Try some rose tinted ones and give yourself a break :cheerup: Your sense of humour prevails on here and I'm sure it did when your daughter was young. And as has been said before, here endeth the lesson :nahnah:

Dale xxx

Have a goo weekend Teedie

• Posted

Hi Dale, I'm hearing you in stereo today :lol:

Tell me, what is a goo weekend? it sounds fun :lol: My boys used to love messing about with goo, it was a sort of greeny slimy plasticine that stuck to the walls when you threw it. :shock:

I wish I was back in Basingstoke, but I am so glad to be with you lot again.

• Posted

Hi All,

Back from my travels, feeling a little sore but nothing major but tomorrow may be worse, who knows. :evil:

I had a nice time and a good chance to chill out, I had about 5 drinks throughout the day and felt quite normal :D but had problems sleeping so i'm rather tired. :zzz:

Katie - hears hoping i am able to take a few drinks again! :bubbly:

Alicia, Dale meant "good" weekend but that "goo" was good fun too! :wink:

I'm glad you had a nice break Alicia smile

Dale, my children are 18, 9 and 6, :roll: so still have to entertain the wee ones. smile Yes, we finish early in Scotland and go back to school middle of August.

13 is not a bad age but wait another couple of years and she'll be wanting to go further afield and the attitude will start, :x Good luck

Teedie

x

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Glad you are back, what is this ? Pick on Dale day :wah:

I shall blame the ME for the stereo post and the goo :lol:

Its either that or admit that I have lost the plot completely!! :oops:

Dale xxx

Teddie hope you are ok today :wink:

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Dale xxx

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Dale xxx

• Posted

OK Dale, I heard you the first time :shock:

And what's this Teddie - I love teddies (the bears, not the lingerie :wink: )

• Posted

Think she meant Teedie smile

I'm a little sore today but not like last week sad Kids out playing so no stress at the moment smile

Teedie

x

• Posted

Hi Alicia

Either I am having a really bad day or the server is playing up again.Wouldn't like to say....:wink:

I am like a council worker, everything in triplicate!! :roll:

Sorry Teddie/Teedie typo :oops:

Dale xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.