Darier's disease and PA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello all.I just joined this site today.I saw my rheumatologist last week in Epping.He mentioned I might have PA.Gave me a steroid injection.I am at Guys and St Thomas London Bridge tomorrow and have just seen a post about a new drug for PA called IXEKIZUMAD.Hope I can get on the trials so I can post my findings on here.I have suffered from dariers all my life since puberty.It is similar to psoriasis,but rarer,I treat it without any drugs these days.I use cider vinegar,and oregano,vitamin e,vitamin b1 seems to have helped my cholestorol too.One of the side effects from taking those damned pills called acitretin,or when I first started Tigason Cod liver oil.Mostly it's what I don't take in MY diet that makes the difference for me.I try to not eat yeast,although I love wine,ciders etc.I try not to eat bread with yeast and wheat in.No citrus if possible.sugar I keep low too.It's certainly helped me with the itching side.

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Steve,

Sounds like you have managed Dariers disease very well over the years. It's very hard to deal with all the time . I have psoriasis and PsA. I truly hope you can get into the trials for the new bio drug. There are many bio drugs already approved just wondering if you have tried any of them. Some block the lL-23 pathway and others like this trial your trying to get in blocks the lL-17 .

Good Luck and hang in there. 

• Posted

I've ended up trying to deal with dariers disease hollisticly as much as I can Hope4cure.Yes.Very hard to deal with for all of us sad Support is so important. Seeing them at Guys today I mentioned the drug,but they said it was specifically aimed at people with psoriasis,so it will have to be one of you brave people to carry the torch there.I had loads of blood taken to test for Vasculitis this time.3 Hospital visits since 26th August to Harlow for hand operation. Epping for rheumatology and PA tests so more blood tests and steroid injection and London today.It wears you down.Osteoporosis has seen to me into double figures on major ops too.I feel for everyone here because we all sure go through the mill!! sad thanks on your good luck and hang in there BTW. Means a lot smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.