Dark blood, clots

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone experienced dark - almost black - blood and clots during perimenopause? My periods are irregular (52 years old) and the past couple times I have had my period, I am passing clots and very dark blood. Scared!!

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Edited

hi

yes i have had large clots and also darker blood bright red brownish red all sorts of colors so annoying its heavy light spotting you name it i have had it im 51 cant wait for that part of it to be done what your experiencing sounds normal to me but if you want peace if mind go to your doc! bleeding in peri i have been all over place i had three periods last year and one so far this year i hope this helps

• Edited

Hi ,yes i have this aswell ,periods all over the place. An assortment of short long heavy light spotting missing or close together,all of the above i think are pretty normal.Im sure dark dark blood is older blood,and bright red is fresh and new.

And again im sure both are normal.

• Edited

Hi Stephanie, yes I have had this as well. I read that clotting is low progesterone. We are hormonal normal. But like Chrisann144 said see your doctor if need be. Take care!

• Edited

hi yes that happened to me about the same age! It was very scary and i was very heavy and lasted about 3 weeks. I went to the drs and was referred for checks. Ended up having a polyp removed from my womb which was quite normal. But anyway I didnt have a period after that and have gone 12 months now without one. However have felt a bit imbalanced with hot sweats and headaches and aches and pains. Hope post menopause is better.

• Edited

Although I know from experience exactly how you feel, Don't be afraid...just aware.

They scare the hell outta you but are so common. Mine became worse before they got better, along with allllll the other symptoms on the list of 66! Be sure to tell your doctor at your next appointment.

Im sure you're fine.

• Edited

I've had it too. Large dark clots, I normally y start period with brown blood. However ive missed lots of periods ever since starting perimenopause. I get shorter cycle, periods are constantly changing.

• Edited

I have gotten this. Especially when I skip a month or 2 ....its like the body is ridding all the "stuff" it stored or something crazy. Don't be afraid, I asked my OB a couple of weeks ago and she said its normal. whats not normal is "A LOT" I mean A LOT of bleeding.......if you wanted to ask your Dr to make you feel better I would. But I was told this is normal unless it becomes excessive.

We will get thru this! Hang in there...I turn 51 in July and I am OVER it this mentally ....so exhausting! Whew. My issue have been excessive anxiety....geez !!!! What a mess!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.