Dark brown vaginal discharge urgent please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi I am a female of 22 years. I had my period a week ago and the day before yesterday I started feeling so itchy, yesterday while taking a shower I realized unusual white discharge that burnt my vaginal walls, later went to the clinic and I was given fluconazole, when I took the pills the discharge increased but this time it was brown and at the moment I have these sores / rash on my vagina but the burning sensation is gone. The discharge has reduced too I would like to know whether it's serious and what I could be suffering from. Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What do the sores look like? So you have no more symptoms, other than sores? Have you recently been sexually active?

• Posted

Hi thanks for replying. Only before I went to the clinic I had this white discharge that left a burning sensation. But when I took the pills the discharge was no longer white but dark brown and larger in quantity. Despite the soreness I nothing is bothering me. And today I haven't experienced any unusual discharge of any colour. Is this a good sign? ? Yeah I am sexually active.
  • Posted

Hi feelbroken the rash was white in colour like small blisters but when I woke up they were not there....
    • Posted

OK.. Well, if you don't have any symptoms, then I wouldn't worry too much about it. However, when was your last full std screwning? Did you request herpes test as well in that? It is not included in the screen. I think it would behoove of you w being sexually active, to get checked and no your status.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.