Dark green/light green stool. What does this mean?

Posted , 3 users are following.

So I read that the color of your stool can be signs of greater health issues. And I've been noticing that my stool has been changing colors. Mostly regular brown, but sometimes dark green, and sometimes light green.

Worst case scenario, I've read that dark green may mean pancreatic cancer. But best case scenario, it may be because I am taking Metformin which I also read can change your stool color. Also, I've been sick, symptoms of the flue lately and that may play a part. Does anyone have good suggestions on how to go about this? My gut (no pun intended) tells me I should just go see my doctor to make sure. But I was just wondering what were yalls experiences reguarding this subject matter?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Go to your doctor to be safe and to have peace of mind, I think your stool color has to do with the metformin youre taking

• Posted

My son has often had that and I nearly lost my mind the first time it happened. Took him to the Doctors the 2nd time and the Dr told me to write down what he has eaten just before they turned green, I did, and everytime it's been because of his fruit loops. So it could be from something you're eating as well.

But yes, do see a Dr about this just in case it's something more sinister.

• Posted

Its 90% do to the metformin, you can go online, there is plenny of info on metformin and green stools.

Just google it, its quite a frequent ocurrance.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.