Dark patches on face possibly hard skin?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi i have dark patches on both cheeks and i think its because i sleep on my hand and i've only just realised lol

Its been getting worse to the point where it looks like i have sunken cheeks.

My partner suggested i buy an exfoliator and I've been using that for a few months now but its not helped.

you can actually see the skin on the dark patches is different to the rest of the skin on my face 

Any help would be very much appreciated 

0 likes, 4 replies

Report / Delete

4 Replies

  • Posted

    Male or female? and how old?

      If you are female and around 50 then its quite normal to get brownish patches as you get older.     If they are fairly stable...ie not spreading then only make up will disguise them.  You can use squeezed lemon juice to help bleach them and there are some lightening skin creams but do be careful as some are very harsh and not recommended.

    . If you are female and on the contraceptive pill they are quite common to get and they are common in pregnancy,but in this case they fade when you stop the pill or the baby is born.     Are you in UK? or a more sunny country? 

    If you feel that the surface is very much different from the rest of your skin or if the patches itch you may need to see a dermatologist.   They are not caused by sleeping on your hand.

    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

      Thanks for the reply, I'm a male, 44 years old.

      I'm in the uk 

      My partner put some sort of cover up makeup on it and you can see the skin is rougher where the patches are the makeup highlights that.

      I'm at a loss


      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Are you ,or have you been a sun worshipper?   Especially if you have not used very much sunscreen these sort of patches can appear as sun damage,especially at about your age. It does not mean they are sinister.

           There are so many skin conditions that this could be  and especially as you say the skin is a different texture to the rest of the face I think you should visit your GP for some advice.   You are obviously bothered by it so it would be good for you to have some reassurance. You may be referred to a dermatologist...this does not mean that the condition is serious,....,just that the GP is requesting the best treatment for you.       Your GP will not think you are wasting his/her time. Do make an appointment.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    Before few days when i went to the Goa trip the same problem happen with me and after some days my mu face has full of spots then my friend  suggested that you can use hydroquinone 4 to remove dark patches on skin and really its very effective cream you should try it.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up