Dark pigmentation on labia minora!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi girls, noticing that my labia minora have dark pigmentation also under clitoris. I had noticed a slightly darker color years ago but seems i have more. No texture to it went and saw my gynecologist today and want to do biopsy for a new white spot but says he will check for dark pigmentation although he says it’s part of the lichen... enyone here got darker pigment??? Thanks girl xx hugs 

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

I am mostly dark around the vulva even when having no other symptoms. Doctor says this is ok
    • Posted

Hi Lynn thanks for answering.... I think im ok to... I do recall seeing the darker zone of my vulva being the labia minora I just kinda stayed stuck on this for the last 2 days cause I think it spreaded . I really do think being 45 the body changes and it’s probably normal. Thankyou xx
  • Posted

Looking back over the years my labia minor, on one side went really dark. I can remember making comments about it to a health nurse when I went for a smear. I said I thought it must be due to the menopause? She didn't have a clue!! So about 5 years later now I've read your post I realise it was the early start of my LS. I'm 55 this year and I think it started sometime in my mid 40's. I only got diagnosed 3 years ago.

• Posted

Thanks so much for your reply... yep I think it’s nothing to worry about I just wondered if melanoma was starting there my head playing games with me sometimes. Xx
  • Posted

I have this also on the edge of the minora, I’ve noticed it for years.  I read it is also part of our aging process and the skin changes.  I never showed anyone the dark edges as I read about people asking the same thing.  When I got diagnosed with L S two years ago the white area like a tide mark on the minora went brown when I put the clob on then went pink x
    • Posted

That's interesting and a great description, white tide mark. I have this as well. It lies on the inside of the minor next to the dark area and this tide mark never seems to go. It's like my marker, if it's there, I know I still have LS. The dark patch is a lighter brown niw but has never gone back to pink. I'm treating myself twice daily with a borax and oil based mix which is keeping the whole thing at bay. No steroids and no more fagifem. Its working for the past 6 weeks but I'm keeping a close eye on the whole area.

• Posted

Hahaha, vagifem!! Vile name either way!
    • Posted

Thanks so much Sue... I really do think it’s a mix of LS and aging. I was thinking melanoma ouf... as a matter of fact because i had a scheduled appointment with gynecologist I started looking at myself more in detail and it played tricks on my head. He said it’s called melanosis (hyper pigmentation). But still wants to check out a certain white spot with biopsy and will check out the dark part as well. So knowing you guys have dark pigments reasure me. It’s just with LS we need reassurance sometimes not an easy thing to live with. Thankyou my LS friends for always being there. Xx
  • Posted

It’s ok.  We need reassurance but unfortunately don’t always get it from the drs.  I also think the colour a lot of the times if symmetrical and if so I don’t worry as much.  The tide mark was weird it went right round the outer edge where the Majorca I’d as well and the clob got rid of it but turned blacked brown then pink, maybe I spotted it quick and put ointment on it.  I’ve weened myself off checking so much, I check a few times a week it’s still too much I know but we worry don’t we.  It’s not something you can discuss with people either like another part of your body you can x 
  • Posted

Sorry about mistakes it self corrects,  I was going to say I suffer with excema and that causes hyper pigmentation too, I think any skin inflammation does it x
  • Posted

Hello Brigitte , Diagnosed April this year and I have also recently noticed how dark the areas that have been most effected.

Also skin looks redder than it ever was although I have stared to feel better.

xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.