Dark shadow covers most of right eye vision

Posted , 4 users are following.

It all started 2 months ago i noticed i had a dark spot in the top left corner of my vision of my right eye. it wasn't big enough for me to notice when i had both eyes open. Little by little its grown to cover at least 40% of the vision on my right eye when im looking straight. When i look all the way to the right the black spot covers 80% of my vision and if i look all the way towards my left its like 10%. I know its confusing but im really freaked out. Its hard for me to focus on things when they are far away like street signs. I have to close my right eye completely to see clearly. The line between the dark spot and the rest of my vision is now distorted and only sometimes can i slightly see light through the dark mass. I don't have insurance or money to pay out of pocket for a medical eye exam. Did anyone have this as well that can maybe put a name to this? any tips or anything really.. thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Edited

Elle, are you able to afford an optometrist? At least you would get your eyes examined. You need professional medical help soon. Can you ask friends or relations to help with money.....I am sure they would be sympathetic if you explained your problems. Can you go to Emergency care? You are obviously not in UK .

• Posted

Hi, no i am in the US .. do you think its something enough to be an emergency? Have you maybe seen or heard of this before ?

• Posted

Elle, You are gradually losing the sight in your right eye. It could be due to several things and all of them need to be urgently treated.Nobody on here can give you a definite diagnosis...you need professional assessment. You only have one pair of eyes, please look after them.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.