Dark spot on corona glans penis

Posted , 1 user is following.

I've had this dark spot that is somewhat shiny on my penis for about a year. It started out as a red spot then turned dark. It recently starting itching but the itch is intermittent. Sometimes the area gets inflamed and is red. Not sure what is causing either issue. I've went to a dermatologist and of course the day I go the spot was not inflamed, The dermatologist was not too concerned and gave me a topical cream which did not work. He said it is not an STD, nor did it appear to be cancerous. He told me to follow-up with him in six months for a re-check.

Any others out there with a similar situation?imageimageimage

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I went to a Urologist who has seen this twice before. He was not sure what caused it, but said it was some type of irritation that has not healed. He suggested to shower twice a day, wash and dry the area off then apply Aguaphor advanced therapy or Aguaphor baby healing ointment. He said "I know it sounds funny, but I'm sure it will work." The area is dry and needs moisture from the Aguaphor to work. I picked up some Aguaphor and have been applying it for the past two days. I've noticed an improvement and the area appears to be healing.

I share this as this may be the trick to other irritated skin that will not heal. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.