Dark spot on iris, what could it be?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I am 22 years old and for as long as I can remember I have had a little spot on my iris, over the years it has seemed to get slightly bigger. It almost seems as if it's starting to point toward my pupil, I have a picture of it but I am not sure how to share that on here. I have no vision problems in that eye, I am just curious as to what it could be.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What color is it? Might be a pigment spot. Im sure its probably nothing.
    • Posted

Still sounds like pigment. You can call and ask a nurse but if youve had it for years and your vision is good,dont worry.
  • Posted

I would recommend get checked soon as possible. Many it's just freckle, but can be more serious like iris or ocular melanoma. Best of luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.