Dark stool, nausea, hot flashes

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past week I have noticed my stool has been very dark (dark green/ borderline black) and difficult to flush.  Also it been getting more runny over the past few days sorry for grossness. Today I have had a lot of wind and my tummy feels weird like jelly and butterflies inside ( if that makes sense).  I have also had some changes in appetite, not feeling as hungry and generally off food. Also I have been getting hot flushes over the past few days where my face goes red and I sweat lots. I have been feeling slightly nauseous but nothing major. 

Last Monday I came off olanzapine 5mg  as advised by my doctor so don’t know if that’s related. 

I take omeprazole and have done for over a year and that’s for acid reflux and I’m also on ferrous fumeratte for anemia. 

I don’t know whether to go to my GP or not?  Any advice?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your having all these problems but any changes in bowl movements should be investigated.  If you normally have good appetite and now do t feel like eating, well something obviously not right. It could be reaction to stopping medication but I would say visit Gp.
  • Posted

Hi Shannon if ur still taking iron tablets then ur stool will be in greenish dark colour
    • Posted

I am still taking iron tablet but I have been for 5 years and my stool has never been this colour only the last week 
  • Posted

Sounds like a stomach infection I would go to the doctor and have a poo sample checked 
  • Posted

It also looks like you’re constipated, that can Also make you nauseous.  I would go to Gp to put your mind at rest.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.