Dark Thoughts

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi, 

I have had PF since August this year and I am contstant agony.  

I am taking anti inflam and 2x co-codamol every 4 hours and its not helping, I can still feel the pain.

I am having some very dark thoughts as I just dont know how I can carry on like this.

Dr has been useless other than to give me drugs.

PLEASE HELP.

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Laura I am so sorry you are feeling so low, I too am really suffering today too.  I am also taking the pills every 4 hours and today it just is not helping.  Co codamol is a depressant - it might be worth trying paracetamol and then a few hours later take ibuprofen - its not doing much for me today, but i have been on my feet a lot and usually it does take the edge off it.  I am waiting for physio, as you know anything is worth a try so you could ask your gp for this.  I would certainly go back and tell him how low you are feeling. 

Everyone who has this seems to have different symptoms and what works for one doesnt for another.  The only thing we all seem to have in common is that the pain is unbelievable. 

What i have read about this suggests it can last a year! which feels like forever and although some people have had it longer, i remain optimistic that eventually it will recover and that yours will too. 

For me raising my feet makes me a little more comfortable, not too high as that can make it worse.  You may need a pillow under your feet to relieve the pressure.  A short walk can help, but not too far that can make it worse.  Mine is worse if I am too warm, so try to keep a constant comfortable temperature.  Lots of people have suggested a rolling your foot on a bottle of icy water - i have not tried it yet, but seems to help some people.

Know you are not alone in this Laura and i hope some of this might be helpful for you now.  Let me know how you get on.  Jill

• Posted

Hi Laura,

As I have said on this site before, I found that Indometacin took the pain clear away within hours and now I have reduced the dose to 25mg a day I am still painfree but just have a twinge when I walk a mile or more. I tried the exercises and still do them but they only relieved it and it returned as soon as I started walking again. The symptoms do vary a lot from person to person and I wonder if it is not gout as the two are related and gout affects the toes, ball of the foot and ankle where PF is normaly just in front of the heel on the inside of the heel with a burning sensation extending the length of the foot from heel to the ball of the foot.

Often feels as though you have a stone under your heel with stabbing pain  when you put wieght on it. The pain should ease with rest but never goes away unlike gout where the pain is constant and the affected area gets swollen and goes red.

I found other pain killers and anti-inflamators did not work and the same for gels but gel heel pads did help. Surgery is a last resort and may not help so they advise you try everthing else first before resorting to this and of course there is the cost which they do not want to incurr.

• Posted

Hi looked at your reply to Laura and things chimed with me as my PF affects all of my foot except for my instep; pain started in ankle and is now affecting my entire foot from ankle to top of foot to toes and my heel seems to be the least affected!  Maybe I should go back to the GP as I may have been wrongly diagnosed.   Every other symptom I do have.  Thanks
  • Posted

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to update.

I had a podiatrist appt last week and he thinks that I have ruptured the plantar facia and not just an imflammation.  This will be confirmed by the hospital within the next 5 weeks.

I then have to go back to the podiatrist on March 15th.

He advised me to stop the painkillers!!!!!!!  

So I have and now I could happily rip my foot off.  Oh well only another few weeks before I know a treatment path!

Thanks for everyones support

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.